“Nice Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Johnson City, TN
“Nice Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff here is great and very considerate and understandable. They worked extremely well to accommodate our large group during a very busy weekend, which was Race Weekend and we were not there for the race. The hotel itself is very nice. We return to this hotel year after year for our youth basketball tournament.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chapin, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel and it is in great condition. The location is good and easy to access. The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast was good. We stayed for the weekend using the 'host hotel' package deal for the Rennaisance Festival. Making the reservation under the package deal was a bit of a hassle. I never did get my confirmation email for two of the three rooms. But, the hotel was very nice and the onsite staff was great. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RICHMOND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel alot and whenever I am in this area, I never think about where to stay. The staff here is always accomodatiing and go out of there way to make sure my stay is great. The rooms are always clean with great water and coffee in the room as well. The breakfast is fresh and and never tastes frozen or left over. Great fitness room and business center. This place has everything you need when traveling.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been great !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think this is a nice property and will stay here again. I like the roomy entryway when I walked into my king suite. For once, I wasn't crowded by the closet in the entryway. Nice finishes in the bathroom with lots of towels. Very clean room all around. A comfortable side chair and sofa and a desk with a swingout feature to form a larger workspace. The keurig coffee maker was a nice touch.

I like the closet with pull out doors tucked in the corner of the room. The wall thermostat made me happy rather than having to fuss with the a/c unit. The bed was comfy once I was able to get up on it. I'm 5"5' and recently had knee surgery. Getting up on the high profile bed was a challenge but I slept well once there...I know there were some girls sports team staying in the hotel because I ran into them in the hallway but I couldn't hear them through the walls so kudos on the soundproofing!

The only downside was the staff who were rather lackadaisical once I got there, The night shift was more responsive than the day and evening shift during my 4 night stay. The desk was often not manned as I came and went and there was no sense of urgency to come help when I was standing there. Seeing someone giving herself a pedicure back in the office made me think twice about interrupting her and asking for help. But conversely, when I had a night desk clerk open a maintenance ticket because of the racket my a/c was making, she opened it and followed through to make sure the issue was resolved. Addtionally, I had a positive experience when booking the room. I had booked online but then the event I was participating in came up with a more desirable rate, I called to have my reservation changed to the better rate. The person I talked to didn't know about it and so let me know that she would call back once she found out more information. I received a call from the manager less than an hour later explaining that the new rate wasn't in the system yet which is why the original person couldn't find it. She moved me to the new rate and made a note in my online reservation.

So an overall positive experience. My first experience at a Comfort Suites and I was very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lake Norman NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This again was a very spur of the moment stay, out home septic pump went out and it was going to take sometime to get it repaired. We were able to get a two night stay for less than 100.00 per night with my AAA discount. The rooms were fabulous, clean, comfy and beyond our expectations.. I would highly recommend this hotel if passing through our visiting Charlotte NC. (Its about 12 miles north of Charlotte) Great breakfast also included with our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

An exceptionally nice appearance for a 2+ year old property, but customer service and other details may fall short of seasoned travelers' expectations.

Lobby: inviting appearance but, placement of furnishings limits guest access to front desk when busy (especially when other guests are passing by with luggage carts).

Breakfast area: inviting, but contains only 7 small tables, mostly 2-3 seats and a bar counter (for 89-rooms?); one-third of breakfast area is displaced by 4 large upholstered single-seat chairs (looks great – not functional; while adjacent "staff only" breakfast prep area has huge amount of underutilized floor space).

King suite: nicely decorated, but bed is squeezed in 9" from wall A/C unit – shuffle sideways (with your feet under the bed) to get into bed on the window side (which has no bedside table); just 1 bedside table/lamp on opposite side

Closet with double hinged doors (w/ 90 degree stop pins); unable to walk between bed and closet without closing closet door; inadequate lighting for closet

Other issues:
• guests waiting too long for staff to come to the front desk (no call button)
• handwritten wifi password (no explanation of "caps/lc-spaces-#s"); required calling front desk to decipher log in
• lack of hot water in room mid-morning
• during breakfast, empty coffee dispensers (refilled after guest requests); warming tray unplugged (contents barely warm); trash receptacle opening too small (fold styrofoam plates for disposal)
• wall unit room A/C w/ traditional control panel appears to be a working panel but it's bypassed to a wall thermostat near bathroom (needs info sticker on A/C panel)

Hotel looks inviting and is undoubtedly great at passing a franchise quality assurance audit, but for guests ... the devil's in the details!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lancing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

having arrived from England we spent three separate nights here during holiday to southern U S A, it was clean ,and comfortable. swimming pool was good
staff showed us how to use waffle iron, so enjoyed breakfast, all staff more than helpful except Pamela on morning reception.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntersville
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Sleep Inn North Lake
Sleep Inn North Lake
#88 of 177 in Charlotte
4.0 of 5 stars 216 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville? Share your experiences!