“Horse back riding.”

Historic Latta Plantation
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This plantation is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I took my girls horseback riding. It was the first time I'd gone in a long time and it was the longest I've ever been on a horse. My only expectation was that the ride be pleasant and the only thing that made it pleasant are the two guides that accompanied me and my girls(2girls). I was given a horse by the name of Maggie. Maggie was a biting horse and she was stubborn. They knew I had not ridden but I was still given "Sassy" Maggie. The first half of the ride she did fine but half way through she took off running 5 yes, 5 times. I have never been on a running horse and so yes I went into a panic the first two times. the last three time I had can control of myself because I didn't want my girls to panic. My saddle had to be tighten twice by the lead guide because it wasn't placed on Maggie properly and I literally leaning to the left and her first couple of episodes. It also appeared that Maggie's owner was wearing the closes things he cold find to a Confederate Flagged Hat as he could without actually wearing one. I dropped my keys down a 6ft deep water drain, they were gracious in using a tractor to remove the top, climb down in the drain and retrieve my keys, but the horse ride shook me to the core. I was asked how did my ride go by one of the working women and I told her about Maggie and my loose saddle. I was not even offered any recompense. I'll never ever go back to this place again, My girls on the other had had a great time. They were given cooperative horses and they feed some of the horses that were located in the stables some carrots before we left.

2  Thank Molden C
"civil war reenactment"
"open hearth"
"re enactment"

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love to hang out here in the spring and fall seasons for a short hike, and for picnics...
There are picnic grounds, fishing peers, horseback riding, but most of all, we go there for the short trails to enjoy a little hike.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I have been to Mecklenburg three times to ride segways. It is awesome. Kevin was our guide the last two times. He's a great instructor. The ride is nearly 3 hours on the horse trails throughout the park -- by the lake, past the plantation house, up and down hills and on rough paths. It's a fun ride, especially if you're someone who has some Segway experience. We have rented segways at numerous locations (city sideway riding and park riding) and this is our top pick for the tour, the instructor and the price. The phone # there is 704.875.1391. While you're there, make sure you take the time to visit the raptor house.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The "plantation" is basically a restored house and barn. It is nothing like the real plantations in South Carolina and Louisiana. There is nothing memorable about the plantation.
The Ghost Tales in the Dark is a complete rip off. A fifteen year old girl walks you around the house at night trying to read from a script. What the girl tells you is boring and she has a great deal of difficulty reading the script. It is awful. Latta should be ashamed of charging $15 a person for this complete rip off! Horrible.

Unless you have absolutely nothing else to do in Charlotte do not waste your time or money at Latta.