“Good restaurant”

Red Rocks Cafe-Birkdale Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Rocks Cafe-Birkdale Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Huntersville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice place to have a drink at the bar or have dinner or lunch. Service is really good and the place is neat, perfect to seat outside during the cool afternoons in september!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have been to Red Rocks in Berkdale Village many times only because good restaurants are not plentiful in Charlotte, NC The food is for the most part fair. Biggest problem we have encountered has been the women they hire to be hostesses. We have been there without reservations and they have told us it would be 3 hours before we could get seated. Remembering past experiences, we decided to go at off peak hour on a week day. We encountered the hostess, and while observing that most of the restaurant was empty, she proceeded to seat us right by the kitchen area with a lot of traffic and noise.
The she crab soup is good and consistent but burgers, steaks and fish are hit and miss. The bar on weekends is packed three deep and it feels more like a meat market than a nice restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went there to meet some friends who live in the area. The recommended it because they have been there many times. The service was good and better than my food. I had the citrus sea bass which was interesting in description but not executed that well for the $27 price. Overcooked and not a good cut. We had calamari as a shared appetizer and it was overcooked and served with basic cocktail sauce which was disappointing. While overall I gave it a 4 out of 5, I wouldn't make a special trip. It just barely made the 4 rating.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food was good, my petite filet was done medium as ordered. The green beans were crisp and tasty. The atmosphere was very loud, so much so that it was very difficult to hear the specials the waiter was explaining. So, hearing our friends across the table was difficult. All said, the food was good, not exceptional, and the atmosphere was ear ringing.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had a meeting in the area and decided to splurge. Have been to Red Rocks many times for lunch and love the Jake Kyle Spinach Salad. It was excellent as usual.

But it was so expensive, I think that's the last time they'll see me. Yes, I was prepared for the $9 salad. I knew adding chicken was another $4.50 but what put it over the edge was the $0.95 charge to get the chicken blackened. That's blatant nickel and diming.

My check for that salad and only tap water to drink was over $15 and with a tip (service was great) my bill was almost $19 FOR A SPINACH SALAD! A ridiculous amount of money for that. I'm feeling ripped-off.