“Not up to Ramada Standards”

Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Peoria, Illinois
“Not up to Ramada Standards”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

With the door opening directly to the outside, & old TVs, this is not up to Ramada standards. After playing for 5 minutes, the TV screen went blank but the sound continued- very irritating when you're tired & want to relax after a day of driving. The next day we changed rooms & fortunately this aged out of date TV did work. However the remote did not! Time to update to flat screen TVs! On the positive side, the service was friendly & the breakfast was good.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Louisa, Kentucky
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn on Sunday the 2nd of October. We checked in at approx. 11:00pm. The lady at the front desk(Paulette) was very nice and checked us in very quickly. Upon arriving at our room the outside trash can was running over with beer cans and empty cartons. There was an old grill sitting there with no propane cylinder attached. There were old ribs lying on top of the garbage can which gave off an unpleasant odor. We went into the room. There was an old table and two chairs sitting just inside the room which had seen its better days. My wife went to wash her face and the washcloth she unrolled looked like someone had cleaned their boots with it. It had been washed but it was stained badly. I took it to the front desk manager the next morning and gave it to her. She said she would bring it to the attention of the general manager. I have stayed at many Ramada's in the past and have been pleased. I will never be back at this one again and possibly not another ramada.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel has friendly staff. They upgraded my room at no extra charge. I was concerned about the outside doors, but everything was well lit and in a great area. 2 fast food restaurants within walking distance and grocery, mall and theaters close. Free wireless is included. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lenee R, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you made the decision to stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2011

There are several nice hotels in the area, this is NOT one of them - PLEASE DON"T STAY HERE!
We were welcomed to our room with trash in the baskets and on the floor, mildew on the shower curtain and a leaking toilet. The outdated furniture had giant chunks splintered out of the chairs, table and desk. The A/C didn't work because there was fifteen years of lint, mildew, crud and god-knows-what- else caked on the units intake. I cleaned the intake with a towel to try to cool the room off (which thank goodness worked) the filthy towel was left on top of the unit, in hopes that someone would get the hint that the unit needed service. Upon our departure, two days later, the towel was still there.
I've been an avid traveler for twenty five years and can honestly say this is the worst placed I've stayed in in the US. I reserved this room in one of those online prepay deals and deeply regret ever getting involved.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lenee R, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues while a guest at our property. I only wish you had brought it to my attention while you were here so I could have addressed the problem immediately, making your stay more pleasant. I appreciate your feedback and will be looking very hard into housekeeping and will be checking behind them even more. I again appologize for your inadequate stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to see if there is anything I can do to make your situation better. I again appologize for your inconvenience.

Lenee Richardson,
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here in July while on a vacation to the area to visit its rich NASCAR roots.
The pool was wonderful!! The bed was so comfy!!
We had a king suite and we absolutely loved the fact it had a mini fridge and microwave.
The a/c was hard to regulate at first, but once we got it to the temp we wanted it to, it was easy to maintain.
The bathroom could have used some updating as did the covers, but all in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel was filthy. (room 103)There were huge stains on the rug. The toilet seat was not attached. The lamp shades were all dirty and rusty, and one of the lamps by the bed had no bulb.The faucet leaked by the sink all over the counter. The bed was the most uncomfortable we have ever slept in. The pillows were all lumpy. Since Ramada took over this old hotel all they have done is put on new bed covers, added their toiletries and put in a little night light. We saw another room (102) in order to get a bulb and it was the same. At $68 this was a rip off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2010

we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. i have never received better service than i did here (and i travel quite a bit for work and stay at other branded hotels). When we checked in, they took the time to go over things to see around the area, places to eat, making sure we knew about the breakfast, wi fi, etc. We were out by the pool and towells were running low, and within 30 seconds of me hanging up, more towells were out by the pool. I always got assistance at breakfast (offering me a tray since i usually got breakfast for the family and brought it back to the room, offering to serve my plate, etc.). By no means is this a 5 star resort, but for the price, cleanlilness and espeically the service from the staff, i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Ramadalakenorman, General Manager at Super 8 Huntersville/charlotte Area, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful response on our guest service. We hope you stay with us again.