“Good service, great price and the room served it's purpose”

Quality Inn Huntersville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Good service, great price and the room served it's purpose”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My family is relocating to the Huntersville, NC area in the near future and we needed to get down there to check out the neighborhoods. We needed an inexpensive, pet friendly place to stay. This hotel had a walk-in rate of $45 per night and was able to accommodate our small dog for a fee of $25 for the stay. The hotel is very conveniently located right off of I-77 in Huntersville. The front desk staff were very friendly and willing to help out however they could. The rooms were a bit drab and old, but for $45 a night, what do you expect? The beds were quite comfortable. The only major complaint was the noise from other rooms was easily heard in our room. We were on the first floor and could hear all of the foot stomping from the room above us. The hotel offers a free breakfast each morning. They had an assortment of bagels, donuts, and pastries as well as cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and microwavable biscuit sandwiches. They had coffee, milk and juices too. A pretty good spread and did I mention it was all free!!! This is a great hotel if you just need a place to rest your head after a long day. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. There is a Target right across the street and plenty of places to eat within walking distance..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
donhol27 Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay guest satisfaction is a hallmark of everything we do here and we are pleased that you chose to stay with us. If you visit Huntersville again please stop by and enjoy our newly renovated rooms.

Silver Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Armone1
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Okay lets begin, first I stayed at this location with a large group, there for a family reuinion so I did not expect the ritz carlton, but like any hotel I at least expected a nice bed and a hot shower, The beds were in my opinion less than par and the matresses kept slipping off the box spring, which to say the least is not fun when you wake up in the morning half on the floor. The pillows and sheets were bad and thank god I brought my own because I was not useing there linens, if not I would have froze to death, the air conditoning was great. When I first entered the room there was garbage from the last person still there and that ticked me off. Now to the biggest problem for the whole 4 days me and my whole famliy of 40 were staying there, our key cards to enter our rooms never worked right and the whole family had to keep going to the front desk to keep getting our key cards reactivated, we are talking 9 rooms for 4 days and we all kept getting locked out, its almost funny if it were not so sad. My poor brother got 1 room for himself but they some how managed to book him in 6 rooms, there staff was a little under trained in my opinion lol. Over all the location is good, next to great restraunts and shopping plazas, gas and convince stores, and if your just looking for a place to sleep and thats all trust me you could do worse, but you could do MUCH BETTER, pinching pennies book for the night. money no object keep driving the ritz is just down the road. Quick note the hotel did have free wi fi and it worked great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Armone1 My sincere apologies for the issues you described during your recent visit with us. It sadness me to hear these things but do appreciate your taking the time to bring them to our attention. Please be assured that I have discussed all of these issues with the entire staff. Clearly it was unacceptable and far below our standards. I am especially sorry that we were not able to satisfy your concerns prior to your leaving. Again, thank you for sharing your experience. If you visit Huntersville again please stop by and enjoy our newly renovated rooms.
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The front desk clerk was extremely helpful and friendly. He went above & beyond what was expected. The hotel rooms do not have any kind of "leisure" chair or "arm chair" to sit in. They only have a hard desk chair. There is no side table, either. My parents and I stayed in adjoining rooms, and it would have been nice to have the usual arm chair & small table to use. The desk chair is not comfortable enough to relax in. The breakfast area is very small on the 2nd floor, but the usual breakfast foods are available. The ice machine is located in a very isolated area of the motel - I did not feel comfortable going there in broad daylight. The doors to rooms on the first floor also open directly to the outside. The area is typical motel/retail - felt safe. Shopping & restaurants are close. We went down to see the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and we will stay in a different motel the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
pupsmom_nurse Thank You for your review I just wanted to let you know that we have renovated and If you visit Huntersville again please stop by and enjoy our newly renovated rooms.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Needed a pet-friendly room on a drive down to south carolina. They charge a 25$ fee for pets as well as only have certain rooms that are pet friendly. Needless to say we got stuck in a smoking room because that was all that was left. I would call the rooms clean, but the rooms are showing some age.

Wallpaper peeling, rust in the bathroom, and a smelly tub made us glad we were only staying one night. It works but I would have to think there is something nicer in the area.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bengals09
bengals09 Thank You for your review I just wanted to let you know that we have renovated and
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 7, 2007

Great location, close to the highway and across the street from Target, Kohls, etc. Room was ok, what we expected, the beds were ok but the pillows were like laying on cement. My whole family tried sleeping without them. Very limited free breakfast.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pillows
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Working2travel
Working2travel My sincere apologies for the issues you described during your recent visit with us. It sadness me to hear these things but do appreciate your taking the time to bring them to our attention. Please be assured that I have discussed all of these issues with the entire staff. Clearly it was unacceptable and far below our standards. I am especially sorry that we were not able to satisfy your concerns prior to your leaving. Again, thank you for sharing your experience. If you visit Huntersville again please stop by and enjoy our newly renovated rooms.