“Stop complaining about Hot Springs or just go to Orlando!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed July 21, 2010

People complaining about Hot Springs NC need to go to Branson Missouri or Orlando if you were bored! Hot Springs is a tiny little town that has changed little in 100 years. Would you like them to change just so you aren't bored? Grow up! Where else can you relax by a quiet river or hike the AT to the top of lover's leap for some spectacular views?? The Hot Springs Spa is NOT the Ritz Carlton it is a humble historic small family owned business. They make improvements when they can. Other Hot Springs in this country are tourist traps with gift shops on every corner. OR they are just pits in the ground on the side of the road.
Hot Springs is a TINY (one street blink and you miss it town) They just recently opened a new Bar and Grill that gets good reviews. The old Paddler's Pub was torn down after the owners death. There is a smaller pub next to the old Paddler's and a small cafe across the street.
Asheville residents go to Hot Springs for the quiet and serenity and if that is what you want and aren't afraid of a little rustic charm you will love it! Roughing it at its best but with indoor plumbing! I guess it is all how you perceive it!
The spa is perfect for threw hikers to stop and unwind and it is NOT a dry county as someone else stated! What are you talking about? The bar had no trouble selling us beer!
Up the road from the main Hot Springs campground is The Creekside campground and for the ladies crying about the shower above this is NOT for you! You have to carry your gear down a steep hill to the riverside campsite but it is SO worth it..
I guess Hot Springs is for the more "sturdy" crowd that aren't afraid to get dirty and don't mind that there are no WalMarts. If this is you then Hot Springs is your place! Oh but there is nothing to do here! ha ha for more info check out the pictures of hot springs tubs and locals here http://.hubpages.com/hub/The-Perfect-Day-in-Western-NC

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank javagypsyasheville
There are newer reviews for Hot Springs Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I was not impressed, check in was a joke, we drive into town and right to the resort and spas dusty dirt drive way and parking. We went into the office and were directed to go to the campground across the street to check in. We drive across the street and check in at the campground entrance shack but they did not have a key to the room, they had to call back to the resort and spa office (yes the first place we stopped) to have them bring us a key. We were instructed to go to our suite and wait for them, guess what, the suite is back across the street in a different building, fortunately there was a maid who let us in because it took over 30 minutes and a phone call to actually get a key. Ok so now we are in our “Suite” (if you really want to call it that) it was small, yes there was a Hot tub in the room but no ventilation, (sure made the room comfortable). No control of the A/C, one thermostat for the entire building and it was locked. There was no shower, we had to stand in the hot tub and use a hand held shower head to take a shower. We asked and were told it was a Queen Size bed when we booked, NOT it was a full size and the real kicker, there is no maid service until you check out (Maybe they should tell people this before they book) $145 for the cheapest “Suite” and No Maid or towel service. Don’t forget about the dirt parking, it did not take long to track that in and NO MAID SERVICE. Check out, also an unknown art at this place, we had an 8 hour drive so we wanted to get out of town early, well once again, NO SERVICE.. No one working on a Sunday morning at 7Am, and no check out instructions/information available in the guest information book. We left the key in the room and left them a voice mail. The funniest thing, when we first arrived there was a guest comment book in the lobby and the last few post were not very good, the next morning that page had been removed from the book, we looked a bit harder and noticed several pages torn out. Guess if they don’t like the review they remove it. I posted a short review on their Face book page, wonder how long that will last.
The town was ok but it is tiny with little to do, and there are very few choices for dining and those places have very limited menus. If you still want to waste your money and spend some time here, be advised, this is considered a dry county, all you can get is beer and wine so if you like a real drink, bring your own.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hdedsouth
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This trip was an early birthday gift from my husband and my adult daughter. She and I went and and had a wonderful time enjoying each others company. The spa itself and the treatments that we had were wonderful. I thought the therapists were very good. The accomodations were not at all worth the price that was paid. My husband booked us a suite and it was so tiny that I was clostrophobic. There was no shower, we had to stand in the in room hottub and use a hand held shower head to take a shower. No decent place to eat in this tiny, tiny town and nothing to do. There wasn't even a grocery store! My daughter was so disappointed as this was a special gift for me and we were so excited about going. I'd go again for treatments, if I was in the area, as it was a 3 hour drive for us and there are plenty of spas closer to where we live.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank saintmom
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Try the couple massage and spa services the staff is well trained and it is very clean. The number ten tub down on the French Broad River is beautifuly scenic and private, the tubs are cleaned out well and we have been there many times in the last few years. The store across the street makes wonderful coffee and sausage and ham biscuits each morning so we just walk across there and get our breakfast. The downtown restaurants have great food and the people in this town including the spa and resort and the nicest and kindest to all tourists. We plan to go back at least once a year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I reserved the most expensive private cabin for my fiance for his birthday that they offered. The website photos make this look like a quaint little charming town. Very deceiving! Think Deliverance.
They gave us the code for the gate to get into the cabin road area. The code wouldn't work, so I had to call them. They gave me another code, that didn't work either. They had to send someone to try and get us in the gate. The cabin I paid $185 a night for was not even clean when we got there. I had to call the main number and ask them to send someone to clean it. They said, Oops, guess we forgot. Then we left the cabin to go back to their main building to get our "couples massage" that I had booked, but the gate malfunctioned again upon trying to leave and it hit the front of my new Cadillac and chipped the paint. At the main office, I told the staff about the gate hitting my car-- they were not interested in hearing it and offered to do nothing about it. They just said, "Yeah, we've been having problems with the gate lately." Huh?!
The couples massage was mediocre. The room was cold and unwelcoming (cheap tile floors, like the kind you buy at the dollar store and stick down yourself).
After the massages, we tried to find a restaurant to eat at. Good luck! The BEST place we could find was a dingy, smokey little bar with holes in the floor (yup, right to the outside!) that offered cheap burgers and stale fries. The service wasn't much better than the food.
We went back to the cabin and had to fill the outdoor hottub ourself. It actually was an okay mineral bath hottub, but the bed was small and uncomfortable for sleeping and there were no blinds on the windows, so be prepared for glares of bright light at 6:30am. The shower was barely a trickle of luke-warm water.
Upon checking out at the main office, I attempted to discuss my car being hit by the gate again, but again, they were not interested in hearing it. The gal acted like she was just too busy to deal with it, so I left.
NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BizTravelerLady
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed a night at the Hot Springs Resort Campground on Labor Day weekend. It's a great location on the French Broad River, and might be nice if there were few campers. But, it was very crowded and noisy (loud radios, drunks, people on dirt bikes driving up and down). Most of the campsites are right on a road that runs through the campground, so you get dust and traffic noise. The campground backs up on an active railroad track. The bathroom facilities were completely inadequate for the number of people: 8 portable toilets, 4 regular toilets, and 4 showers... and then the portable toilets were full and only the 4 regular toilets were available - they had long lines and quickly became filthy. I spoke to the employee at the gate about the situation - she didn't even know the portable toilets had been shut, and said that "they usually get cleaned out Sunday night" (they had been closed sometime Sunday morning). Sick of high-volume classic rock overpowering the sound of the river, and fearful of contracting hepatitis from the filthy toilets, we left a day early and found a wonderful campsite nearby for 1/3 of the price.

Once again, this place might be nice at a time with few campers. It is a great location. Unfortunately, my experience was that it was overpriced, overcrowded and noisy, and the bathroom situation was obnoxious and unsanitary.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mouser26
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My boyfriends best friend has taken his wife here a few times. They highly recomended it. I love hot tubes, but get grossed out by all the dead skin and stuff that are floating in one since a normal hot tub does not get cleaned as often as these do. My boy friend and I are two big people ( 250 lbs each). We were told we had one of there smallest tubs, so we were a little nervous after reading the reviews, but the tub was plenty big enough.
We did request the last time slot and enjoyed it very much. The only thing that I'd change is next time is I'd rent a cabin so I'd have a hot tub to soak in anytime I want or at least do 2 hours. Oh yeah and I'd do a massage.

I have read all oh the reviews and can say that I sat and watched them scrub the tub when we were done. I pulled the plug myself and drain the tub. The nice guy came and sprayed the tub with cleaner and big brush and scrubed it down. We asked lots of questions and he sayed that its fills with fresh water every time it does not filter through ( so no dead skin cells in the Jets!!!) It truly was clean.

As you can see from their pictures the hot tubs are in the woods so bring flip flops. And don't be afraid of a couple of bugs. Its worth the money. I will def go back!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tadkins
#12 of 66 in Asheville
Marshall House Inn
Marshall House Inn
#1 of 2 in Marshall

Been to Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!