“Wonderful Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hot Springs Log Cabins
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I are about to stay in the Hound Heaven cabin with our pups for the third time. We have always found the Cabin to be perfectly clean and well-stocked with supplies and creature comforts. Owners Mike and Amy do a fantastic job of keeping the cabins welcoming and user-friendly. This is a wooden cabin in the mountains - if you're looking for gleaming polished granite and stainless steel surfaces, you won't find them here. Think warm, cozy, and comfortable. Think let your hair down. Turn your cell phone off. There is a television in the room, but I don't think we have ever turned it on. A good book, a walk, a hike, a sunset, star gazing, good food, some music or quiet and quality time with your loved ones is what it's all about. Stop at the last grocery store on your way in, and grab the food and beverages you'll want, the cabins have a refrigerator, freezer, stove, oven, a gas grill on the porch and spices, paper towels, etc... for your culinary enjoyment, or you can drive into Hot Springs, and let someone else do the cooking! The bed is very comfortable - we have a really nice bed at home, so are spoiled, but we always sleep like babies at the Hound Heaven. In front of the cabin is a big grassy field, perfect for throwing the frisbee with the pups, and my wife and I have probably found 30 four-leaf clovers there! You are a short drive from many trail heads, waterfalls, and other adventures - the hike to Max Patch Bald is not to be missed! All in all, if the idea of a weekend or a week of peace and quiet, undisturbed in the beauty of the NC mountains with your sweetie and your pups appeals to you, the Hound Heaven is hard to beat!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AMylander

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I chose Hot Springs Log Cabins for our Honeymoon in April 2012. We stayed in Hound Heaven. Our Border Collie Oreo LOVED the meadow. Everything about this cabin was perfect in every way! I just can't describe how wonderful this memory will always be. The cabin is perfect for two. Plenty of room. We made almost every meal at the cabin because we just didn't want to leave. The hot tub was amazing. We would sit out there every night for sunset and sip on wine or champagne. We grilled, hiked, snuggled up by the fire and watched movies. There were wild Roosters in the meadow every morning. There is a really neat white chapel in the distance and we had the opportunity to wake up there on Easter morning with the church choir singing through the distance... It was just heaven. ;-) There is just so much more to tell. We did venture into the lil' quaint town. We spend a day at the Hot Springs indulging in a dip of the natural springs during a rain down pour overlooking a river. Need I say more. After that we enjoyed a couples massage at the Hot Springs Resort. We had our honeymoon dinner at the Mountain Magnolia. It was tantalizing. We did the Max Patch hike which was breath taking. It was very sad to leave. We WILL be back~ Pictures to come soon.

Room Tip: Hound Heaven has the best view of all the rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AngelaParrish
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I don't typically take the time to write reviews like this, but we had such a wonderful stay in Hot Springs that I had to take the time to do this.
These cabins are wonderful. They are cute and secluded and my biggest thing was that they were clean....VERY CLEAN! I can almost always find something that grosses me out by staying somewhere but not here. I was pleasantly surprised. After booking it and on my way to the cabin I worried a little since it was dog friendly and my husband is allergic to dogs. I figured the inside of the cabin would be covered in dog hair and cause him to not sleep well. But it wasn't, it was very clean and didn't smell of dogs. Our dogs slept happily in their crate on the porch. It was perfect.
The fenced in yard for our dogs was a perfect size. I inspected the fence before I let my dogs out of the car, and it was sturdy and I felt comfortable leaving them in the yard unattended. There were toys and dog bowls in the cabin which helped out because I forgot to bring toys. Everything worked and was just as described. I liked that we didn't have to check in, or out. It made it just a little more relaxing and saved us just a little extra time. It was especially nice because I arrived just before dark by myself, my husband came later. If I would have had to check in, I would have been fumbling around in the dark, in the mountains by myself.
While we just went for a weekend getaway, it would be perfect for a honeymoon or anniversary. There was little to no cell service so we had that extra bit of seclusion which was nice. Occassionally a text would come through, but never once did our phones ring.
I highly recommend that you check this out if you are looking for a remote vacation with pleasing accomodations.
Thanks for a wonderful time. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cheri G
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went for our 16th anniversary. Could not have asked for better. Amy and Mike thought of everything. Loved all the extras they provided (aluminum foil, spices, laundry detergent and even bath soap to name a few of many). The hot tub was awesome. Enjoyed grilling out,soaking in hot tub and the much needed relaxation. Cannot wait for a return visit. Thinking of making it our anniversary destination every year. And yes the pictures on the website are exactly what you get. Very neat,clean and secluded. Thanks Amy and Mike for making it perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank sdsnider
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at the Pine Cabin with our two dogs and it was fabulous. The cabin is perfect for a couple. The owners have really gone out of their way to ensure you have every necessity met. (They even have dog toys.) The area itself is very nice, with lots of hiking to be had, and don't miss out on the spa! We drove into Asheville and picked up groceries and cooked in the cabin most of the week, but there are several nice restaurants in town. A dog loving friend recommended these cabins to me and I will keep referring them to others because we really had fun and it is a quality place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MorrisonDerbyCIty
Reviewed March 29, 2012

While it doesn't look like much from the steep entrance off the roadway, these cabins are wonderful! Whenever we feel the need to go away for the weekend we always go here. The cabins are comfortable and private. We've always found the facilities to be very clean and well maintained, and we appreciate the owner's attention to detail. This place has all the comforts of home, a grill, a fireplace, a tv, washer and dryer, even spices in the kitchen.

All of our correspondence with the owners was through email. While this made me a bit nervous on our first trip, the comprehensive information provided was very helpful and it was never a problem. There is also an information booklet in the cabin with everything you need to know about the area. Make sure to gas up and buy your groceries before you arrive as there are very limited shopping options in Hot Springs.

The cabins are dog friendly and the pet fees are very reasonable. We appreciated the gate on the front porch as it allowed our dogs some freedom to wander around while we were enjoying the hot tub.

Don't expect to make quick trips into Asheville. The cabins are about an hours drive away and if you want to spend time there, it should be done as a full day trip. There are a lot of activities in Hot Springs though. We've hiked many of the trails in the area and enjoyed visiting some of the small shops in town.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RoanMtnGirl
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Husband and I stayed in paw print cabin. Just like the photos on thier website. Very dog friendly. great hiking trails around cabin. Close to asheville's dining and attractions. We had a wonderful time, and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2011
#13 of 66 in Asheville
Asheville Swiss Chalets
Asheville Swiss Chalets
#3 of 21 in Asheville

Been to Hot Springs Log Cabins? Share your experiences!