“Brand New-give it a try”

Still Mountain Restaurant and Pub
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Still Mountain Restaurant and Pub offers authentic smoked BBQ and down home cooking in a casual, fresh atmosphere. Enjoy live music and dining on our beautiful screened in deck. Craft beers and a great selection of wines to complement your meal, as well as a children's menu.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here on June 6, 2013. It has only been open a couple of weeks and the hostess told us it had closed a few days after the initial opening to "re-tool". We both found the food to be very good-smoked chicken quesadilla was excellent. My husband had the 1/2 smoked chicken and I had the pulled pork dinner-both were very good. The veggies that came with them were fresh and very good. They have an excellent selection of local brewed beer as well as the usual.

There are a couple of "kinks" they still need to iron out. Our server new nothing about the beer selection, stating "I'm only 18 and don't know anything about beer". I had no problem as I got up and went to the bartender to ask my questions about the locally brewed beer. They may want to train the severs better before the summer rush-or have the servers send the bartender over to the tables. Also, we wanted a pitcher of beer-they don't sell pitchers .....Our sweet potato was at the best only warm (I was thrilled they had a baked sweet potato as a selection though). We were given salad forks to eat our dinner with-which once pointed out was corrected. Also, on such a beautiful day-we would have liked to sit outside on the deck-but it had too many smokers for us to enjoy our meal. It would be nice to have the entire place smoke free, but I am a realist and know NC is tobacco country.

All in all, this was by far the best restaurant we ate at while in Hot Springs for 3 days. Give it a try-I am sure once they get their legging, they will be a mainstay.