“Home away from home”
Review of RiverDance

We can't find prices for this accommodation
RiverDance
Ranked #1 of 5 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Asheville
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I needed a weekend getaway for some R&R. And, I brought my dog, Xena, along. Callie and Dave and their dog, Midge, were the best hosts. Made us feel right at home. They provided the ideal mix of good company and complete privacy. They felt like friends from the start.

Because they had a full house that weekend, they gave me their suite. It was terrific-- very comfortable and spacious and very clean, with a scenic view of the mountains and river down below. I had my own bathroom and a sitting area with a couch and a table where I set up my laptop.

When I was planning my "escape" I checked many different sites for B&B's, cabin rentals, etc., but River Dance stood out for me because of the location, (close to Asheville, where I live and close to various hiking trails) the price, and the pictures of the house itself and the setting it was in. And, being a woman, and travelling alone, I was looking for a place where I could feel safe and bring my dog.

Callie is a very gracious hostess. Her continental breakfast spreads are delicious with varieties of breads, cereals, yogurts, jams- something for everyone. And, you can make your own breakfasts in her "open" kitchen. While I was there, a family of four, with special dietary needs, made their own breakfasts and dinners, too.

My special memories will be taking a walk down by the river below the house with Callie and Midge and my dog, Xena and seeing the beautiful and dramatic location of their house.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Donna C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Callie, Dave, and Midge were wonderful hosts. We really enjoyed the breakfasts on the upper deck looking out at the mountain range and creek. We stayed in the lower level area with a bedroom, bath, and living/kitchen space. Very clean & well decorated home. My dogs really enjoyed the mountain and going to the beautiful creek. I hope to return in the near future!

Room Tip: our room went out to a lower deck with beautiful views, loved listening to the creek below.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at RiverDance for two days in July 2011 and had a fantastic time. We had high hopes based on the reviews and pictures, but everything surpassed our expectations. The view is just stunning, and we spent hours sitting on our private porch, which was part of the lower-floor rental. It was the perfect place to read.

We found plenty to do both in our two days. We went rafting, made a great dinner for ourselves in Callie and Dave's beautiful kitchen (also used the wonderful grill and ate outside on the porch), got a great massage (Callie kindly set this up for me), slept, read, and looked around Hot Springs. Callie and Dave are the warmest hosts imaginable, and we immediately felt comfortable in their home. We'll definitely be back, and send our friends and family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed at many B&B's and RiverDance is at the top of the list! Callie, Dave & Midge could not have been any more personable. Stayed one night with two children and mother in the Treetops Suite, slept great. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed the night after going white water rafting. There were 6 of us with the daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren. There is lots of room and they provide lots of things for the kids to do. Our grandchildren loved it and they are hard to please. We had a wonderful time. This place is wonderful for family and for just a great get away time. Callie and Dave are great people. They made us feel at home and the accomodations are "GREAT". The beds are wonderful and "CLEAN". Everything was "CLEAN". We so enjoyed ourselves that my husband and I are planning a get away time for just the two of us. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gimmieof2
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My girlfriend and I met at the RiverDance for 4 nights in June. The gorgeous photos on their website sold it - and they are true to what you will find there. This is a special place in a beautiful spot - Callie and Dave provide just the right amount of help and privacy,
depending on what you are looking for. Callie was committed to making sure that our time there was all that we wanted it to be - whether it was for active or quiet times.

This is a warm and inviting environment, and it's easy to just stay on that porch, rocking and talking, listening to the river 300 feet below and taking in that beautiful peaceful view!

RiverDance is also unique in that it offers options for small numbers or large groups. For 2 people, it was lovely to have one bedroom of a 2-bedroom suite with a bath and comfortable living area, and know that the other bedroom would not be rented. This would be a great place for a large group that could rent both 2-bedroom suites with more bedding available in the suite's living areas.

Callie provides lovely fresh continental breakfasts, and the kitchen is available for anyone's use. The 2 suites are arranged upstairs and downstairs, each with private entrances. Callie and Dave live on the middle floor, with the shared kitchen. The arrangement could be a little weird, if Callie and Dave weren't so comfortable to be around, and didn't easily seem so much like family.

I'm sure the RiverDance hot tub was wonderful and Callie can arrange massages at the house, but we decided several times to go into Hot Springs a few miles away for soaking and massages. Although the Hot Springs Resort and Spa website looks like a 5-star resort, this is really a charming, friendly, oldstyle hot springs, with private clean tubs on the creek or river. It's a lovely rural setting, seems well run, and is very reasonable. We loved the ambiance - it felt like stepping back into a gentler time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
WPB
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great place to unwind and relax. Exceptionally clean and neat. Callie and Dave are perfect hosts as well as Midge, their dog. Porches are spectacular with the beautiful views of the mountains. Morning is beautiful watching the clouds or fogs rise up out of the valley below where the river flows. The lodge is open and wonderfully friendly. Rooms are private and quiet. The hiking is great as well as the scenic drives complete with waterfalls. Hope to return again...........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
#12 of 66 in Asheville
Wildberry Lodge
Wildberry Lodge
#1 of 1 in Leicester

Been to RiverDance? Share your experiences!