“Boring”

Fantasy Lake Water Park
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fantasy lake is NOT worth the price you pay. There's hardly anything to do. Three slides, a jump tower, and Tarzan swings. Not exactly worth $16 dollars. The water is nasty and the fact they have concrete at the end of the green slides is dangerous.

7  Thank Sun0720
There are newer reviews for Fantasy Lake Water Park

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We didn't like the fact Fantasy Lake ended up closing down for rain. I understand getting out of the water for risk of lightening strikes, but to close the park down for the rest of the day was a bit much. Not to mention the loss of money we laid out for our family of 5. A half day rain check would have been the right thing to do. Your rain policy needs a few changes.

7  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There are lots of things to do here but mostly caters to adults and teens and not really recommended for young little ones. My kids are pre-teens so they enjoyed their time.

I liked that they have pedal boats. I wish they have kayaks and canoes too. Price is a bit steep but we got Groupon so we went. I would go back only if I get Groupon again but otherwise it's a bit too much for my pocketbook. Good thing is that you can bring your own food.

3  Thank Destiny U
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have visited this park on several occasions since it is close to our home and my children LOVE the rope swings. On our first visit, we were impressed and returned several times. However, the last few visits really disappointed me. I have been waiting to write this review since I have conflicting feelings about this place.

Pros:
Close to home
Rope swings are awesome
You can bring your own food in and BBQ
Picnic areas are a plus
There is a separate area for smaller children

Cons:
Paddle boats were broken
TOO CROWDED
no control of rowdy patrons (to include other patrons pushing kids off swings/drop towers)
staff is not too friendly

The worst thing that I witnessed was a lifeguard cleaning off a platform full of geese droppings by spraying the droppings into the water where the patrons swim. The worst part was there were several children swimming in the area while they were cleaning it off. At this point we left and have not returned. There should be some sort of concern regarding this and sanitary practices. I know this is a man-made lake and I am unaware if there is a filtration system but I hope there is.

Overall, we always had fun when we visited Fantasy Lake but when I witnessed the cleaning of the platforms, that concerned me. I wish there was a better way to clean them and insure the customers are swimming in safe waters.

13  Thank Ivorymist1
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good place to spend a hot summer day, bring your cooler, lunch and towels. Family environment no alcohol allowed. Lifeguards on duty

1  Thank Lori K