“Great Newer Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holly Springs
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Its out of the way and quiet. There is not a whole lot of stuff around the hotel but there is enough to get the necessities. If you are staying in Holly Springs, this is definitely your best option. The rate for the hotel was very reasonable though we were told it was the "slow season" right after the new year and they were at such low occupancy that the evening cookies weren't available.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was checking in very late at night, and they handled it very well. Upgraded me to a very nice suite for being Hilton Gold member. The suite was very nice for any Hilton hotel and had a very cool setup. The workout room was very nice with free weights. For Hilton Honors members who are redeeming points, this place is a steal for only 7,500 points.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Andy M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

An important thing to know about this property is that the location is peculiar. It is not near any freeways nor airports. It is not near a "destination" (such as a convention center, amusement park, or downtown/business area). This hotel is in the middle of a "bedroom community" on the outskirts of the Raleigh metro area, but it is not convenient for commuting back and forth to Raleigh (the closest freeway is 5 miles away, for example). I asked the front desk staff about this and they said that most of the guests are out-of-town folks visiting family in the area.

Aside from the odd location, this is a great hotel, particularly for the price (but see cautionary note below). It is a fairly new property and everything seems to be in great working order. All of the employees I had occasion to talk to (front desk, housekeeping, night crew) were professional, friendly, and helpful.

My wife and I stayed in a King suite. The room layout was fantastic. The bedroom and sitting areas were well delineated. The bar/table unit was pleasantly atypical for a Hampton Inn. My wife and I loved it. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. The carpeting was clean and in good condition. The bedding was in fine shape. The in-room mini-fridge was among the best I've encountered - it kept drinks nice and cold. The toilet and shower/tub are separate from the sink and vanity areas - I believe this applies to all rooms, not just the suites.

The outdoor pool was closed for the season, and I did not have an opportunity to use the fitness facilities. Breakfast was fairly typical for a Hampton Inn, but the dining area was larger and nicer than what you find in many Hamptons. The bathroom had a bath tub if that is important to you. The water temperature was a bit on the tepid side for showering, but pressure up on the 4th floor was fine.

The rooms have heavy doors that block noise very well.

Hilton Hhonors members may want to note that this hotel is a Category 1 property requiring only 7500 points for a free stay (at the time of writing at least). This is a real steal. Usually Category 1 means an older property, or one that is undergoing construction/renovation. But there you get a great room at a new hotel with great staff. What's not to like about that?

We did encounter one troubling issue during our stay. We were on a non-smoking floor, but some guest went into their bathroom, shut the door, turned on the ventilation fan and lit up about 4:30 am. They had another smoke around 6:00 am. The smell came into our room quite strong. We did not appreciate that. The front-desk clerk said that two other rooms in our general vicinity had complained about it as well. Apparently the ventilation system distributes the cigarette smoke to adjoining rooms. It was a troubling issue and it prevents me from giving this property a "5" rating. I wouldn't normally a ding a hotel for the inconsiderate behavior of one of its guests, but I believe there is a design flaw in ventilation system that made the problem worse. The chances that this will happen to you is probably small, but if you have asthma, or some other condition where the smoke is more than just an annoyance, you may want to request a room that has no neighbors (if possible).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithwnc
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Hampton Inn while visiting family. It is a value priced option if you are visiting RTP. The staff is friendly. Typical Hampton Inn amenities. There is nearby shopping but you musthave a car, you cannot walk to any shops. The only reason they did not get 5 stars in each category is we had to ask for a pillow for the sofa bed my son was using and they said they didn't have any. The maid also never left him a clean towel when we turned in 3 dirty ones. Would still stay there again as these are minor issues.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn, is one of the best I've ever stayed in. It seems brand new. When I walked in the lobby was greeted by a friendly person at the front desk. When I walked into my room it smelled new. The tile in the foyer and bathroom was up to date, classy looking tile and the bed was fresh and clean and so inviting. It had a nice bathroom. It's also in a great area, conveniently right across the street is Wal Mart with a Chik Fila and Burger King right next door. There are also other restaurants nearby, but I didn't go exploring because I had to work. It's also not too far from downtown Raleigh.

What I liked best about this Hampton was it's new, fresh rooms and the area it is located and the great price. (of course the free breakfast is a given : )

Great place I would recommend and will stay here everytime if possible.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheri V
Reviewed November 18, 2012

FIrst I owe this property an apology....My stay was in June 2012 and I am just now writing my raving review. I selected this property as it was the host hotel for my son's hockey tournament. From booking my reservations, the warm, welcoming, fun, and professional check in experience (may I add she was juggling 10 other guests and answering the phones), the pleasant smiles from all the staff, and the outstanding service at breakfast clearly shows that this hotel takes pride in its leadership, training, and guest satisfaction scores. I too am in this industry managing numerous hotels in Florida and can honestly say, this hotel and its management sets the bar when it comes to customer service, satisfaction, and exceeding guests expectations!!!!!. I would like to give special thanks to the front office manager (forgot his name) and the front desk associate (always wore a flower in her hair..also forgot her name...sorry)........The staff here was so great, the rooms clean and fresh, and so was the rest of the hotel staff and management. I couldn't find something wrong with this hotel even if I looked for it.......staff and management I am very sorry for the late review and failing to remember individual's names ...........Jackie

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie f
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited relatives in the area for a family reunion and stayed 5 days at the Hampton Inn. The rooms were nice and clean, king size bed was very comfortable. Breakfest Buffet every morning with newspaper. Coffee available in lobby day and night. Front desk employees pleasant and accommodating. Hotel is located accross the road from a 24 hour Walmart. Enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn Apex
Comfort Inn Apex
#3 of 6 in Apex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs? Share your experiences!