“Clean, modern, comfortable accommodations, questionable organization”

Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holly Springs
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a double queen suite with my brother-in-law and his significant other; and the reservations were made far in advance by my mother-in-law. There was no problem checking in, but we noticed upon returning on our second day, that the room had not been made up while we were gone, despite our not having any do-not-disturb sign out. I called down to the front desk and they could not say why that was. At 11pm that evening, while we were sleeping, there was loud pounding on the door, and front desk staff requested my husband come to the lobby to find out why we were staying in a room we had not been booked in. We'd been given the room key and told to go to one room, but the hotel computer showed that we were supposed to be staying in another. Everything was sorted, but we were surprised at the disorganization and abruptness of being woken up at 11pm.

Otherwise, the hotel itself is very nice. The room was immaculate, and the furnishings modern and clearly new. Room service does respond well to requests. The complementary breakfast was also extensive in the amount of food they offered, and everything tasted fresh. Coffee and cookies were also available all day. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Breakfast bar offered good variety. Clean rooms. Hallways somewhat noisy to about eleven p.m. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I love this hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I stayed in a suite and the room was fantastic. Very clean, brand new and the bed slept great. The breakfast area was very clean and had the typical continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel. This was nicer than the Hilton I had stayed at in another city.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I read a couple reviews on tripadvisor before making the reservation for our stay & I was glad to see so many people happy about this place. If you find someone that doesn't provide a 4 or 5 star for the stay - they need to be out of there minds!
As you enter the front doors you will be greated by one (if not more) great staff members. Easy to check-in, VERY CLEAN everywhere, and good size rooms! This review may seem like I work here but I assure you I am VERY picky about where I will rest my head (feel free to read my other reviews).
The area lacks places to eat or go. No fault of the Hampton, but it is what it is. I think I saw a Burger King & Chic-fil-a about a city block away. (It seems like the Holly Springs area has no interest in having an Applebee's or TGIFridays (or places like that) around.
Again - if you have the need to stay in this area to drive to Dunn, or Campbell Univ. or such - STAY HERE!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Love this hotel. Very friendly staff. Studio rooms are large and very clean. Hotel snack shop has reasonably priced soda and snack options and there is always coffee available.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Comfy comfy beds, very clean, and a fairly decent breakfast..Did I mention the comfy bed?

Room Tip: Suite rooms are so spacious
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The staff and management at this facility offer good old-fashioned customer service! Check in was speedy and non-complicated (and there were fresh baked cookies and hot coffee waiting for us at 6pm. The very friendly desk clerk called our room within 5 minutes to make certain everything was ok in the room. And the room! Clean EVERYWHERE (and I check), fresh scent, and nicely decorated. I should mention that the beds were heaven! Very comfy with thick fluffy pillows (rare these days!) This hotel is close to shopping but off the main road. The FREE Breakfast was great! Real bacon and eggs in addition to fruit, sweet rolls and the like, cereals and belgian waffle makers. While having breakfast, the staff came over to make sure everything was ok and asked if we would like some juice or more coffee. Upon finishing breakfast, he came over and removed our plates. The workout room looks enormous and clean and has many pieces of gym equipment (I have to admit, I usually don't take advantage of this feature but I'm thinking of trying it out this week). There is also a very nice business center with a computer and printer. I'm on the road in a different hotel every week and this hotel is top of the line at reasonable rates. Oh, and their State of NC cleanliness rating is 100%. You will not be dissatisfied here! One last thing... they have a super guest laundry - 2 washers and 2 dryers.... and only $1 each.

Room Tip: The suites are only $10 more per night and an EXCELLENT value! Definitely check that out
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
Quality Inn Fuquay Varina
#2 of 2 in Fuquay-Varina
Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs? Share your experiences!