“Most relaxing vacation ever!”
Review of Holden Beach

Holden Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I vacationed at Holden Beach with family & friends in June 2013. This was my first visit. When you drive across the bridge and reach the top, the view is breath-taking! There were 11 of us, and we rented an ocean-front beach house. It was very roomy and comfortable. We had our own spot on the beach, not crowded at all. There aren't tons of shops/restaurants, so if you're looking for excitement ...... go somewhere else. But, if you're looking for relaxation, family time, enjoying nature ..... Holden Beach can't be beat! Holden is a great town for biking/walking. Wish I'd had more time to explore the sea turtles and learn more about them. We drove to Wilmington one day, had a great lunch and toured the battleship. We traveled to Myrtle Beach another day for shopping, Ripley's Aquarium, etc. Actually, there are some very neat & unique shops in Holden Beach that I didn't discover until the last evening before we left. Wish I had explored these shops earlier in the week! I will definitely be returning to this awesome little town!!

2  Thank Shoegirl71

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very clean beach end to end,very family friendly ,laid back ,main road in had a good flow not the stop and go as some of the other beach's to the south of Holden

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great family beach. Almost all residential with very little commercial (a couple of stores and 3 restaurants) on the island. Wide beaches and not so crowded even in high season.

1  Thank Arthurgray
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been to several beaches up and down the east coast, from Delaware to Florida. Holden Beach is BY FAR the BEST beach I have EVER been to. We rented a beach house on the oceanfront, and it was worth every penny. There are rentals to accommodate all families and all wallets! A short drive to North Myrtle and Wilmington, so the action can be found, if that's what you want. You want a family-friendly, relaxed, clean, beautiful, non-crowded beach? This one is for you! Can't wait to make the reservations for the next trip!!

1  Thank TM1023
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A fantastic, laid back beach vacation. a perfect place if you like to swim, ride waves, fish, and takes walks on the beach. An east coast "gem".