“Paradise”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Paradise”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Holden is a small island off the coast of North Carolina. It is the road less traveled. Its not really overloaded with tourist attractions, but that is the attraction. Its quiet and peacefulness makes it the perfect place to retire from the world and recover.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank kentuckywild

Charles Town, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“3 families - 6 Adults & 2 kids - loved it!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

A little far from S Central PA - E Panhandle of WV and the traffic heading to VA Beach, Outer Banks, Southern NC and Myrtle Beach can add up to a 12 hr.drive. The beach is clean, the water is WARM and the nights are quiet, what else do you need for a vacation. I am not a "doer" so I do not need the stuff that the northern (NJ<MD>DE) beaches have;boardwalks, nick-nack shops and other noisy places. Never had cars with music too loud, never had people with too much alcohol in them running around...Family Friendly is not an exaggeration.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank ttroxel70
Kannapolis, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A quiet piece of heaven on earth”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Been vacationing here for 34 years. We've been here practically every month of the year at one point or another. I absolutely love this island.
Please note...if you are looking for a loud, crowded party vacation, go to Myrtle Beach...leave the quiet unspoiled family vacation with slow drivers and families playing on the beach to the rest of us.
Not much to do...not much to see but close enough to drive to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington...just friendly laid back people enjoying the beautiful ocean, Inter Coastal Waterway, and marsh views. Always leave here wanting more and planning the next trip.
Sometimes we come with the whole extended family, sometimes just the four of us, sometimes just me and one of my young children, sometimes just me and my wife, and occasionally by myself..it's the perfect spot for all of those.
Heaven on earth.