“sucks,the meat was rotten and saw a man step on a roach while waiting fror my rotten meat.”
Review of Anna Maria's

Anna Maria's
Ranked #50 of 59 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just left Anna Maria's in Hillsborough bought veal and the meat was so tough could not cut it but when I took a bite it was rotten and when I complain they acted like they new no English and would not give me a refund a $13 meal that was completely nasty. When I told the waitress about this nasty meat she said it was not the regular cook and to complain when I went to pay it did no good and I took them as if it was funny.Told a friend that before I logged on this to complain and she told me she stopped eating their because it was roach infested and while waiting for my rotten meat I saw a man step on a roach....

2  Thank Jeffmc1957

Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you're looking for service.....you came to the WRONG place!

This was our first visit to this Anna Maria's and based on our experience of 06/05/13 it will be our last. We arrived around 6:40p and joined part of our family that had already been waiting approximately 10 minutes. We finally figured out the reason no wait staff had taken our order.....you're supposed to place your order at a staffed terminal that's located at the end of the counter that separates the dining area from the food prep area. The members of the family that had arrived before us placed their order and then we placed ours.....the ticket (oh, I forgot the tell you, you pay in full before you get full), printed out at 6:52pm. My wife ordered a steak & cheese sandwich and asked the order clerk to hold the onions and she ordered a soda. The clerk then asked me what I wanted and I then told her I'd like to have the cheese calzone and water; she then asked me if I wanted anything on the calzone and I told her "no, just the plain $4.99 calzone would be fine. We paid the ticket, obtained our respective beverages and then retired to our seats and waited for our items as ordered to be brought to us (they did have a wait person doing that). After about 20 minutes or so our orders started trickling out from behind the counter and placed at the respective patron as ordered.....that is all except, you guessed it, yours truly. I waited and waited and waited while the rest of the family partook of their bounty and I am still waiting. I finally, after having waited over 50 minutes, got up and went to the counter and informed the wait person that I had decided to cancel my order and to credit the calzone amount back to the credit card. She then informed me that it was almost ready and would be brought to me in a couple more minutes............Well, to be exact, my calzone that I had already paid for was finally brought to my table at 8:15pm. For an order to take one hour and 28 minutes before I'm served is TOTALLY unacceptable. I asked the wait person that served us if the manager was there and she informed me that he was not. She later brought me a blank service ticket with the phone number and the name Geovanni hand written and informed me that I could call the next day and speak to the manager. Due to the cavalier attitude displayed by the wait staff and lack of an attempt to reach some sort of satisfactory resolution for a very dissatisfied customer, one can only assume Geovanni will respond in like manner as well. While I was waiting for my calzone I did eat a slice of pepperoni pie and found it to be lacking as well.....stingy on the cheese, and stingy on the sauce as well.

3  Thank JEDhbo96
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great local pizza joint. Prefer to go here over getting something from the corporate chains any day. Plenty of sauce and toppings on a nice crust.
Everything was better under prior management but still my favorite.
Decent prices.
We've never eaten in, always had take out.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

the food is good, the wait staff has been improved since earlier visits (we have been going there for a few years).I hope that this trend continues , it is nice to have a lunch that does not take as long as a full dinner to get through.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pizza was great, terrific crust, cheese one had anise added, totally authentic taste. Lasagna serving enough for two. Great value, amazing food.