“Decent Salsa and pretty average food”

Bandido's Mexican Cafe
Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Helping a friend who was moving house and we both realised we were hungry, so we drove into Hillsborough for dinner. We hadn't booked and I remembered that I'd read on Trip Advisor they did good salsa here hence we wandered in.

Good points; fast attentive service, the salsa

Less good points; pretty average food - we both agreed that we would not rush back to eat here again. The Margarita was so so.

If there is a gang of you out for some fun, or you are hungry and need to eat and don't fancy a Burger King etc, this is a reasonable option. I wouldn't race back here for a date night.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

As far as Mexican Restaurants go, this area has an abundance and most of high quality, but Bandido's is probably more acurately, Tex-Mex and stands apart in the choices they offer, and the quality is unsurpassed. The only other comparable restaurant is Margaret's Cantina in Chapel Hill, which is another great choice, but I prefer the menu at Bandido's personally. Be sure to get the Charro's, (spicy pinto beans), and as other reviewers have stated, the chips and salsa are unsurpassed. Whether you wish to eat vegetarian, chicken or beef (shredded or ground) or seafood, this restaurant will have something that will tempt your appetite and leave you happy.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The menu is what has become the norm for American Texmex.
This family run restaurant is a cut above on the quality and great service.
Join the email list to get some coupons.

They even have a "Gigantic Burrito" that (I think) is free if you eat it all. If you do eat it you get a free T-Shirt!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

For my little girl's birthday lunch (just before dance class) we stopped by for a quick one. Meal was good as usual, service excellent and of course came the chorus of ''happy birthday two shoes" with sombreros and a huge helping of fried ice-cream for the table.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went for dinner this past weekend and enjoyed it very much. Our server was friendly and attentive. We were served chips and salsa right away and the chips were warm, and the salsa was chunky, not to spicy, flavorful and fresh. I had a Spinach and Veggie Quesadilla that was served with rice and refried beans, sour cream and Guacamole. All was very good, hot and tasty. My husband had the Chicken Acapulco and he enjoyed it very much. Prices were reasonable and portion sizes were large (I took half of my Quesadilla home).