“Fresh and fantastic.”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Seattle, Washington
“Fresh and fantastic.”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I had heard great things about this place, but we kept trying to get a same day reservation at this popular place, without much luck. Yesterday, we finally got a table for an early dinner and we found Panciuto lived up to the hype. The place itself is comfortable and intimate with a friendly and knowledgeable serving staff. We were met with a small glass of sparkling wine and presented with a menu that had a nice variety of creative salads and entrees. The pace of the meal was relaxed and our server was attentive but not intrusive. The salads and entrees were really very good, with the fresh pasta being particularly outstanding. We truly enjoyed this place, and very much appreciated the fact that each ingredient on the menu was linked to a particular local supplier, which was sometimes the chef's own garden. We'll be back and will take our out of town guests here for a taste of local fare. Reservations are a must; plenty of parking out back.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Morpheus1041

Hillsborough, North Carolina
“outstanding food AND warm and charming AND truly local sourcing”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Too many restaurants have either one, or another of these. Panciuto has them all.

Aaron's culinary aesthetic marries the best of familiar (and unfamiliar) Italian preparations with the best of Southern food heritage. These, from their earliest beginnings, share a practical devotion to the foods of their native soils. The delightful ways he puts these together make my mouth so happy.

In regard to what others have said about portions, I am a big eater, and have always found that as I take time to taste every bite, I am served more than enough. Though regular menu prices are high, the abundance of local foods more than justifies that to me, but I did notice last visit that they have instituted a mid-week 'supper' menu of lower prices, and still generous portions.

The experience of being here is warm, charming. Service from beginning to end is utterly professional, and still friendly and engaging. As a chef myself, it is service that is most important to me when I eat out. (Dare I say) many can cook great food, but not all are gracious enough to serve that food in an atmosphere that puts every single patron at ease. How much more delicious that makes everything.

The room is lovely, and thoughtfully arranged, with perfection in sound, lighting and furnishings. This is too rarely the case with high-end restaurants.

Am I gushing? I've eaten at some of the very best restaurants... and some of the worst. When a treasure like this appears, I want to be sure we take care of it and keep it around for a while.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank dani095
Mebane, NC
“Portions too small (great food)”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

As stated by another reviewer, the portions are too small. Some of the best food I ever ate, but at $100 for two (without wine), I should not need to want to eat anymore that evening.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank NorthCarolina621
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Inexcusable”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I tried this restaurant twice, called ahead both times too let them know I was coming and when, what my food restrictions were, and ask if that would be a problem. (they Assured me not). When we arrived with friends, I told the server that I had called and there might be a different entree choice or alteration of an item....I was told that the only option would be a plate of salad greens.....period. They got my call, checked their menu afterwards, saw there was nothing else that I could eat without some alteration.....and that was their solution....to tell me After I got there that they had nothing else on the menu but salad greens. It isn't rocket science...rice, beans, green & yellow vegetables??? Quinoa, polenta with homemade tomato sauces, lentils, pappadums, fruit?? None of these familiar? To a chef?? It was awful; I left embarrassed, demoralized, and hungry. And charged for a regular entree.

• Visited May 2010
3 Thank VLCJfs
Brit in NC
“small portions and high prices”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

my wife ate here with some friends. She said the food was good but the portions were tiny. She is a little lady and she said that this was the first time she can remember leaving a restaurant hungry.

3 Thank limeyferg