“Drove Over From Cary and They Do Not Have Staple Menu Items”
Review of Gulf Rim Cafe - CLOSED

Gulf Rim Cafe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Central American
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Drove over from Cary which is about 40 minute drive to get Red Beans and Rice with fried Catfish that was listed on their menu online and the menu we got. Waitress took our order and she said I am sorry we are sold out of the two servings we had of Red Beans and Rice. Two servings? You would think they would make a pot of it. Definitely disappointed so drove home. Will call the manager tomorrow.

1  Thank George I

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wow. We were out on a 'drive' and decided to check out this place. It was amazing! I went off-course and ordered ribs, and they were fabulous. My husband had shrimp and scallops and he's super picky about his seafood, and LOVED his dish. We sat outside (happy to have arrived before the Sat. pm dinner crowd) and enjoyed the ambience. We'll be back... um, maybe weekly!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've eaten at all the places on Main St., from I-85 all the way to the 70 intersection. Gulf Rim is the one I'll consistently go back to.

Low keyed, relaxed, and good food. If you are looking for that combination, Gulf Rim wins over the surrounding places.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

shrimp/grits outstanding and conch fritters takes me back to the Caymans! my fav place to meet friends and dates.not ever had a bad wait experience/horrible food or long wait-I think those that wrote the bad reviews are just complainers-been here to many times to count!! If you want good cajun food close to home by all means Gulf Rim! even have them in my cell phone...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped in with friends on a very busy Saturday evening (basketball game..) Had a drink at the bar while waiting for table. Excellent bartender and service. Food was super and delivered in record time. Tasty and inventive. Special setting, excellent service. Owner even stopped by our table for a visit. Don't miss this place if you are in Hillsborough.