“You get what you pay for”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
Virginia
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is a classic you get what you pay for. Our room was clean but the carpet was very worn. There was a big hole in the middle of it. The room seemed a little crowded with 2 queen beds in it and the furniture seemed outdated. The night stand did not have a drawer, which I missed. Also, the room did not have an iron and ironing board, which I thought was pretty much standard now. On the plus side, there was a window seat which could double as a narrow bed which my son-in-law immediately claimed, not to sleep in but to use for computer programs he was working on. The bathroom was very clean; however, my daughter complained about a lack of water pressure in the shower. I did not have a problem with it. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, not much variety, but if you like the make-it-fresh-yourself waffles, you'll be happy. By the way, the room did not have a coffee-maker, but we don't drink coffee so that was okay. My main regret with this room is that I did not call the front desk about extremely noisy people in the room next door the second night we were there. They do have a policy of removing people if they receive 2 complaints and I guess I was a little afraid of some retaliation from those people if they were asked to leave. Again, not bad for the price, but not the best.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife had surgery before arrival and was in a lot of pain. The front desk was extremely helpful and kind. The room was fine and all we needed. They also have a very nice breakfast, and the hotel is within a 3 minute walk of several fast food restaurants and a steakhouse. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone who needs good accomodations at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

My daughter had chemo n when got back had few incidents but he was great love his personailty ty again

• Stayed May 2012
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

When we got there no one was at the front desk to check us in until some bushy haired guy comes out of the elevator eating and goes behind the front desk, still chewing. It was gross. We had asked for a non smoking room but was given a room where the halls and room smelled like smoke. We asked to change rooms and was given a room on the first floor that was marginally better. I complained to the night manager about it and he said "We are in North Carolina, what did you expect?". He was very rude and acted like he did not care. Our rooms all had stained, smelly carpeted floors, no towels,small beds that when you put your luggage on them, it rolls to the middle. I have never stayed at a microtel hotel before and i never will again

Room Tip: stay in durham, its worth the drive than stay here. I know I am a picky lady, but i just want a fair...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elayne and Jean... P
Clearwater Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

the beds were lumpy and sagging in the middle, the grounds were dirty and full of cigarette butts, we asked for a nonsmoking room but got one anyway, the room really smelled. we were here for a soccer tourney and the night manager with the Bozo haircut was rude, insensitive and kept talking about another guest and how he was going to fix him. I would hate to have this psycho on my case. I can't believe as customers we should have to put up with this type of treatment. Our entire group, after finding out that several rooms were overbooked, it was not our fault also, agreed we would never stay here at this microtel ever again.

Room Tip: Third floor smells really bad, makes you want to puke.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TheGulfBeachInn
Tokyo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Picked this hotel based on generally positive recent reviews: clean rooms in a quiet hotel etc. The place was quiet for the nights we stayed but I did not find the rooms to be clean. Carpeting looked and felt dirty, bathroom walls below eye level were dirty and the area under the vanity needed a thorough scrubbing. I dropped a bottle cap and had to reach under the sink to retrieve it; wish I hadn't dropped the cap and thought twice about retrieving it! The free breakfast was okay - bagels, individual boxes of cereal, waffles, juice, coffee and tea. Customer service was fine - not exceptional but not bad. All in all, it's an okay place for one or two nights, especially for the price, as long as you keep the lights dim. I would have rated it much more highly had the the carpeting and bathroom walls/ floor, been cleaner. For the price, I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons but I don't think it would have taken much to make the walls and floor feel and look cleaner. In fairness, I should say that the front desk manager allowed me to change rooms; unfortunately, both rooms were about the same and I didn't want to push for a third room since I was only there a short time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank blackbuddha24
Hillsborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Microtel Inn in Hillsborough many times and it has always been a pleasant experience. I am always given the service I need. I would especially like to commend Tony because he is always friendly and helpful. He gives great customer service and it is always nice to see him.I have been to many hotels where the desk attendant are very rude and can make you feel uncomfortable even to walk outside. Tony makes you feel comfortable and is always very pleasant. I will recommend this hotel my friends and family when they come in town to visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Mebane
SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Hampton Inn Mebane
Hampton Inn Mebane
#1 of 2 in Mebane
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!