“Tony Tapp is Amazing!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsborough
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Just returned home from a trip to Hillsbourgh and a stay at this motel! Immediately was greeted and treated great by the manager on duty, Mr Tony Tapp. He was welcoming , friendly and helpful! The rooms was very clean and comfortable and always was cleaned by the time we returned for the day. Anything we needed was readily available by staff and management. Very comfortable, clean beds!
Hillsbourgh is an awesome town and my partner and I cannot wait to return to visit Tony and the town!
Thank you Tony. Not only did we receive the best customer service ever and we have stayed at a lot of hotels/motels, over the years, but we also feel that we have made a new friend in Tony! I hope his employer appreciates him as much as we did!

Room Tip: very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We enjoyed our stay so much. The manager Tony was very welcoming and went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable with good quality bedding! The breakfast was good and was kept replenished! The price is more than reasonable for such a top notch place. We will be back and look forward to seeing the manager Tony again! We feel like we not only had a perfect hotel experience but gained a friend, as well!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and did not hear anyone above or below us
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and the front desk guy was pleasant and fun to talk with. The breakfast was ok, not great, bu sufficent especially since it was free.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I am a travel agent for over 35 years, booked my room on line directly with Mictotel for 2 queen non smoking PET FRIENDLY room, held with my visa card. This was my third stay at this place arrived after a 10 1/2 hour drive in early evening and from the beginning TONY TAPP starts raising his voice at me asking how I booked the room and that it didn't say I had a pet friendly room.......acted as if he was doing me a FAVOR putting me in a room that was a total dump.....filthy ripped carpet, no clock, a/c barely worked, and pretty sure there were some bugs in the bed!! Next day asked to be moved and showed the person on duty my printed confirmation. On my arrival second evening there was a note on my door to come to front counter, TONY TAPP agains begins to YELL at me in front of other patrons and tells me I shouldn't have talked to his person that moring....ripped me a new one......next moring I went down to get the name of TONY TAPP's boss and after getting many lies they kicked me out since they didn't have any DOG FRIENDLY rooms!!
Guess a reservation means a lot......other people were having problems there also so it just wasn't me.........do yourself a favor, go down the road on sleep in your car at a rest stop.....I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO BADLY!! I had dealt with TONT TAPP the (assistant manager) in my earlier stays and was completely shocked by his attitude this time.......something is very wrong there and the place just keeps getting more and more run down.......now a letter to Wyhndam and Microtel and the HEALTH DEPARTMENT!!

Room Tip: TIP is there are NO best rooms!! D U M P
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank foodpig
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I can't rave enough about the location of this hotel if you want to see things in Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh. This is a great place to stay and be close to everything. It is right off I-85, but you are only 1.6 miles from I-40 too. We loved the little town of Hillsborough and the staff was very helpful with any questions we had to ask. We had the suite and it had plenty of room. The layout was a little strange and this is an older MIS, but it is a great deal for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

With the scare of bedbugs, we were a bit apprehensive staying at a motel, even though we usually stay at MI&SH when visiting our family. The suite we had was clean, (the bed linens are washed on site with the maid workers close by when any need for extra linens), had ample room, and was sufficiently quiet, although we did hear some rowdy occupants for a short duration. Tony, Matt, Darin and the other front desk managers were courteous, helpful - providing info on restaurants, nearby churches, and local color. Breakfast (gratis with the motel stay) is more than adequate with a variety to suit any family or individual.

Room Tip: Book early; this Inn is at the I-85 intersection
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Spent one night at this Microtel. Drove in from Charlotte after a loooooong day at work, checked in around 8:00 pm and was up and out on my way to an interview by 7:15 am. The room served it's purpose. The property is fairly clean on the outside. The inside...well...it could use a little sprucing up. Hallways are a bit dark and dingy and the lighting in the room itself is horrible. However, the bathroom was clean as were the bed linens. Carpet and furnishings had some mystery stains. Didn't sleep much but I'm not sure if that was due to the bed being hard or nerves for my interview/test the following day. Probably a bit of both, but I didn't book the room for luxury or with the intention of sleeping in. Good value for a brief stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
La Quinta Inn & Suites University Area Chapel Hill
Holiday Inn Express Durham
Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center
Holiday Inn Express Mebane

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hillsborough? Share your experiences!