“A truly delightful experience”
Review of Antonia's

Antonia's
Ranked #12 of 59 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We arrived ten minutes before the restaurant opened and the owner graciously allowed us to come in out of the cold rain and offered us seats at the bar. My friend and I ordered cocktails and I had the best old fashioned that I have had in any restaurant outside of Louisiana. It set the stage for the delights to come. My friend and I shared the soup of the day - acorn squash and sweet potato - which was absolutely delicious! Then we shared the spinach salad. For the entrees we each ordered half portions. My friend had the fettucini with peas and mushrooms, I had spaghetti with shrimp and tomatoes. Both entrees were really, really good. Making half portions available for entrees is a great idea for those of us who like to explore other offerings on the menu. Too often, the entrée is so overwhelming, it is all one can manage. For dessert we split the tiramasu which was delicious. The service was flawless, welcoming and informative.

This was my first visit to Antonias and will most definitely not be my last. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The menu is mostly Italian. We shared grilled calamari for starters. Just right moisture and very fresh. I had the filet mignon with blue cheese topping, very rare. Tender to perfection and great tasting. The buttered spinach were awsome. We drank a bottle of Argentinian malbec. Very nice.
The hostess and owner is very present amongst her guests and the atmosphere with live music on a Tuesday night is very mellow and relaxing. Subtle enough to enjoy the conversation.
Service is prompt, attentive and flawless. A great spot.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this place by chance, on our way through town. Brunch was delicious, and the staff were friendly and helpful without being bothersome. Good variety of food and price ranges.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The service and atmosphere were very good. Four of us ordered the price fixed dinner. The tuna appetizer was the best of all the dishes-an interesting combo of textures and flavors. The main courses were just ok-uninspired and under-spiced sauce on the quail. The sauce on the seafood pasta was mediocre. The seafood was mostly mussels. I've eaten in Italy, recently and the food at Antonia's had neither the taste nor quality of anything I ate there

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This recommendation of Antonia's is long overdue. My sister and I drive out to eat an Antonia's regularly; we are always delighted with our meals but I have to recommend Sunday as the best day to go for seasonal treats and yummy brunch selections.
From unique panini sandwiches to a beautiful beef filet with grilled vegetables, everything is fresh and prepared with care. Mangia, mangia! as my Nonna used to say.