Highlands Inn
$139
$127
The Park On Main Hotel(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$219
200 Main(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$165
Travelocity
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.(Highlands)(Great Value!)
$84
Hotels.com
$55
$53
Travelocity
Old Edwards Inn and Spa(Highlands)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmain streetfront porchfabulous locationthree nightsfurnished with antiquesin townwithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsprivate deckeach eveningrocking chairscan't wait to go backsabrinamajorsweddingcharmdecaf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2009

After driving over 4 hours in torrential rain I was warmly greeted as I entered this historical establishment. I felt at home. Check-in was lightning fast and before I knew it I was settling in my well appointed room with a cup of coffee and fressh baked cookies that were available just down the hallway. The room was surprizingly large and comfortable. Two comfy robes hung in the closet for my use. I had my own private balcony facing a beautiful rock garden. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, it was a buffet with amazing selections. I would recommend Highlands Inn to eveyone. I cannot wait to have a reason to return.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Had a Two night stay at the Highlands Inn. Sabrina Hawkins and her truly outstanding staff made us right at home. Delicious full breakfast included in rate as was detailed information about Highlands and the surrounding area. The inn itself is a true delight with use of antiques for everyday activities. There cannot be a better place to stay in Highlands.

Reviewed May 16, 2009

Traveled to HIghlands on a whim and enjoyed the town enough to stay the night. The Highlands Inn was right on the main street so we decided to give it a try. (Also I was tired of driving) We were met with a warm welcome and had a look at a couple of the rooms. The first was in the "new" part of the hotel overlooking the rock garden, it was nice but a little ordinary. The second room was in the original building and was perfect for us. Room 23 is a long room with a nice sitting area, albeit a litte dark (could use a lamp by the love seat). The TV needs updating but served it's purpose. Overall the decor was very inviting, the bed was very good (could use better grade sheets) and the bath was spacious and adequate. Breakfast was made to order, well prepared and tasty.
If you have traveled to Europe, England or Ireland and have fond memories of the older well run inns you will enjoy the Highlands Inn.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

How can you describe living your fantasy, to see beauty all around you, the fresh spring flowers dog woods in full bloom, running brooks the robins calling for their mates and everyone you meet greets you with a smile and a Cherrie Hello, you must think you are in heaven. This is how our last visit was to the Highlands in North Carolina and our stay at the Highlands Inn
For those who don’t know this inn is 129 years old, it was built as a wedding gift from a wealthy Aunt for her nice as you can see there is a lot of history from the horse and buggy days with dirt roads to now. Highlands is a different world you have the choice, modern and/or the past, my self I love the historical past as in the Highland inn.
Sabrina or Tim would there to greet you and check you in; they both have an infectious smile which makes you feel welcome. As you stood in the lobby you could see the décor and the history all around you, the rooms as their web site show you different options, facing a secluded rock garden or a standard with a street view all very nice what ever you take, the cleanliness speak for itself. We decided to spoil our selves and took a Mountain Brook suite just a block and a half down the street, Wow both Sheila and myself we pleasantly surprised at what we saw, unbelievable, Italian marble in the bath room beautiful décor furnishing with a large private porch overlooking a trout stream and yes, you hear the running water in the brook, what a pleasant way to sit and have a nice glass of wine and enjoy each other.
We have been at the Highlands before and each time it gets better, breakfast at eight in the morning got you started, again you have to sit and enjoy the décor around you and the friendly service, so peaceful even when an other guest sits near you strike a conversation and just chat about everything and learn about each other, can you see doing that an a fast food restaurant? I can’t, what a pleasure to sit and relax and not worry about anything. How can you rate our stay? If I could I would give them 5 stars plus you have to count this, greeting, friendliness, cleanliness, service, setting and history and décor a 100+ in the lobby enjoy your surroundings and read the local news and chat, there is so much to say; for me and wife Sheila if you haven’t tried the Highlands, that would be your loss.
Roger and Sheila Gibson
May 2009

1  Thank Hootgibson
Reviewed December 8, 2008

My husband and I have been staying at the Highlands Inn for about 15 years, usually for a weekend twice a year. We love the Inn, with its historic charm combined with modern facilities. It is conveniently situated in downtown Highlands and we always request a room off the front porch, where we while away the hours reading with a bottle of wine and nourishment from local shops. The Inn provides a delicious made-to-order breakfast and coffee and freshly-baked cookies in the evening. The service is friendly and professional and we always hate to leave. There is great hiking, golfing and shopping nearby, as well as fantastic dining as close as next door. We truly love the Inn and will keep coming back every year!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)