“Great place!”
Review of Highlands Inn

Highlands Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent two nights at the Highlands Inn while in town for a family wedding. My room was very comfortable and a nice change from a hotel room. I had a great balcony that overlooked a lovely rock garden offering a relaxing atmosphere. The staff was friendly and eager to help in any way and breakfast was wonderful as well. I would definately stay there again and hope to do just that in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: See the website for pictures of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 198traveler

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Cute room in old hotel. However, if you depend on wifi go elsewhere. Good location right downtown. Friendly staff. Breakfast with good selections included. Coffee maker in room didn't work, but coffee available after 6am in lobby.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just left from a wonderful, comfortable and cozy stay at The Highlands Inn. My attic room had three windows which let in light and cool mountain air. I overlooked main street which was nice. The management were all very helpful and polite. I felt safe each night coming in alone and staying by myself. After three nights I hated to leave my cute room. Shower was great, lots of hot water, nights are quiet.... No complaints, would stay again and recommend this for everyone!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 34...just picked it from the pictures online. I thought that was a nice way to do...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank gailnatchez
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at the Highlands Inn in Highlands,NC. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the Rock Garden. The room was very nice, the breakfast was excellent and the staff was wonderful. We parked our car and never started it until we checked out. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet step back in time.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the first floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank c0mmanderray
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It is always a treat to visit historic buildings and especially to eat or sleep in them. The rooms, dining and lounge areas of the Highlands Inn were gracious and welcoming. My cousins delighted in checking out the many antiques. Highlands Inn has preserved the old with the cleanliness and many comforts we enjoy of the new, not to mention the nightly cookies. The staff was personal, great and the luncheon provided for the baby shower was so very nice.

The Inn is a Heavenly Small Historic Hotel. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank GranMaryJeanette
Reviewed July 7, 2012

overpowering mold smell. we decided to bail on this place and eat the cost rather than stay two nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank j355ga
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great place! Room was fantastic! Loved the porch and views of the garden. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank MichaelB931
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Highlands Inn? Share your experiences!