We shared the Oak Cottage with our close friends during a long weekend in Highlands. By no means fancy, the two-bedroom, two-bath cottage was comfortably appointed and very clean. The Oak had a full kitchen and a common area for dining and conversation. It was the perfect "home away from home" for us because we really wanted to spend time with our friends and avoid searching for and spending lots of time in restaurants. Luckily, the super market is just two minutes away in a shopping center. The center also has a Subway, about the only "fast food" in town.
The path to the cottage is a bit spongy and has about twenty steps (down and up) before you get to the porch and rocking chairs. Guests with physical disabilities will want to choose another cottage or stay in the lodge. Also, the Oak is about 100 feet from Dillard Road, but traffic noise was never a problem. In all, we had a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages
- Mitchell`s Lodge & Cottages Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Motel Highlands