While my favorite hotel in Highlands is still the Old Edwards Inn, I recently spent the night with my family at nearby Mitchell's Lodge (at half the price). Our adjoining rooms (#25 & #26) were in the more recently renovated section and each featured two double beds, gas fireplace, kitchenette, porch with rocking chairs, and beamed, cathedral ceilings. The bathrooms were very basic, but spotless. We enjoyed the do-it-yourself, complimentary breakfast in the lobby and the outdoor pavilion with roaring fire in the chilly evening. Sometimes it is nice to forgo the fancier, full-service hotels for a country retreat with laid-back logic.
My only less-than-glowing review would be that the bedding seemed a little dated. (I prefer crisp, white linens to country quilts). Other than that, I think this hotel is a great value for the area with a charming mountain style and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages
- Mitchell`s Lodge & Cottages Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Motel Highlands