“Nice stay with great location”

Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Clermont, Florida
“Nice stay with great location”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We lucked into finding the Mitchell Lodge on our last time through Highlands and booked to stay there this trip. The online booking was good and the rates were very reasonable. The staff upgraded us to a fireplace room for our two nights which was a great bonus when the weather got cool. The place is clean and quite except for the road when the windows are open. Our stay had a late night spring thunderstorm the knocked out the power and delayed all the clocks. We got up late and had breakfast in the office truly time did stand still at the Mitchell.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank rogersober

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our third time we stayed at Mitchell's. We called ahead for reservations and told the clerk we would be a late arrival. We arrived late and they had a map to the room ready for us. Room was opened and lights were left on. What wonderful service !!!! I would come back again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ladybug59
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We love Highlands and we've stayed in several locations in and around town. For our last three visits tho we've chosen the same room at Mitchell's. We get the king room with the fireplace, kitchenette and Jacuzzi. You can't beat the accommodations for such a reasonable price. The staff is wonderful including office staff and housekeeping. Last weekend they even arranged the perfect weather we requested - LOL! We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: See the review. FYI I mistakenly hit a rating under "restaurant" and can't delete. T...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Highlands, NC and we stayed here. We rented a two bedroom cottage. It was absolutely relaxing. They were so nice, helpful and friendly. The cottage was lovely. We had a wonderful weekend abd we will be sure to stay there again next year.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Robin K
Williamston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed only one night. Our room was very clean. We had a balcony room at the lodge. Gas log fireplace. Would stay here again. It was easy to find and close to town without being too close to busy traffic and noises of the town

• Stayed April 2014
Norwalk
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ever since I found out that dogs are NOT allowed on the trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, I have been searching for a place that is surrounded by beautiful forests AND pet friendly. MY SEARCH IS OVER!! The staff (especially Natalie) were friendly and very helpful. Natalie loves dogs and made Beagle and me fell VERY welcome. I rented a cottage. It was roomy, clean and comfortable. It has a huge deck. There are 4 rocking chairs, a picnic table and there was still ample room to move around. After a long day of hiking, it was nice to sit on the very peaceful deck and relax at night.
There are many waterfalls and hiking trails in this area. There are two grocery stores in Highlands that have basic foods PLUS gourmet foods (cheeses, pates, great wine selections, etc). When I go to the mountains, I will stay at Mitchell's!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My sister-in-law and I decided to escape for a couple days and a friend of mine recommended Mitchell's in Highlands. My sister-in-law is pretty picky when it comes to hotels as far as cleanliness goes and I was a little nervous that she wouldn't be happy with my choice. Boy was I pleased when we got there. Natalie had been just wonderful to work with when I was trying to decide about the room, so I was very pleased when she was actually working the day we checked in. I chose room 19, which is a corner unit. I would recommend it to anyone. The beds were comfortable. We had no problem with wi-fi. The fridge, sink & microwave were nice to have. There was one of those tiny coffeemakers, but I always travel with a full-size coffeemaker if it's a leasurely trip, so I was prepared. We stopped and got a couple of muffins the night before and had muffins and coffee in our room before setting out to look for waterfalls. The towels were a little thin, but it certainly wasn't anything to keep us from returning. The room under us, I believe it's 25, would be a good choice too. We took a peak at one of the cabins (I think it was #1, but I'm not positive) and we both decided that we might try a cabin next trip - and there will be another trip! Weekday prices during off-season are an excellent deal. You can trust the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor and the pictures on Mitchell's website.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DebInTN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
200 Main by Old Edwards
200 Main by Old Edwards
#4 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages? Share your experiences!