I'm glad we found this lodge. We stayed in the newer section (call to ask what rooms are the newer ones) room #22 and I thought the room was big. It is decorated nicely to make it feel like a log cabin. We did not have an issue with big speed bumps because we used the other entrance. This was almost a deal breaker since we have a sport/luxury car but I'm happy I clarified this issue. Staff was very friendly. Room included a fridge and microwave with a small sink and dishes. My only issue was that our Jacuzzi was not working. After snow tubing, we were looking forward to a warm bath but it did not work. We called the front and they said they would put in a request but that request was never fixed before we left. Oh well, can't have it all. I would stay here again- especially for the price but I recommend you check everything you want to use before settling in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitchell`s Lodge & Cottages Hotel Highlands
- Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages
- Mitchells Hotel Highlands
- Mitchells Motel Highlands