“hope to came back soon!”

Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I were here in August 2011. We booked for 2 nights but we liked the place and so we decided to stay one night more. The location is great! so closed to many lovely attraction such us beautiful falls!
We booked a Deluxe suite and we were upgrade in a lovely deluxe Kitchen suite.
Our room was very big and clean; there were a fireplace, a jacuzzi, a small kitchen with fridge and microvaves, a deck with table and chairs.
The only thing that I dind't like was the following: breakfast in the morning is very simple and poor :(
All the staff was very kind and friendly and the place are more lovely than appear in the website!
Absolutely I would like to came back to highlands and to stay here ! Some friends od mine suggested me this place and I never stop to say "Thank you"!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FedericaRoma_Italy

Reviewed September 28, 2011

While the location is good, this establishment is "very tired". I felt like I shouldn't touch anything. The pillows had to be original to the room. My wife needed a nap and instead of laying down in the bed, she slept in the car.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank J H
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Highly Recommend! Mitchell’s Lodge & Cottages offered a great mountain location within walking distance (use the back entrance), along the sidewalk to the downtown Highland's area (great morning walk)!

They did not have any availability in their cabins, so the staff offered me two options: Cedar or Log Lodge Rooms. Both are very nice; however, I chose the Cedar Lodge Deluxe Room #30 on the top floor which was more spacious…(the website does not do the property justice, so you need to see it in person to appreciate the quality, privacy, value, and the service).

I am in the hospitality business and typically stay at boutique hotels; however, I can honestly say my accommodation was outstanding! When I opened the door to the Cedar Lodge, I was in love and knew I was going to enjoy my weekend and it exceeded my expectations. You feel like you are in a private villa in Colorado with nice mountain furnishings, desk, beautiful beds, bay window with two nice chairs, wet bar with microwave, refrigerator, dishes, silverware, coffee maker, complimentary wifi which worked perfectly, nice bath, and best of all …a large stunning private deck, two rockers, and a gas fireplace, all overlooking wooded private area. It was a perfect weekend with nice cool fall weather, with a great night’s sleep and relaxation for a fun filled day of activities.

The staff was very accommodating and the property was pristine. The Log Lodge Rooms are nice if you do not need a private patio, and microwave/refrigerator (they do have rockers and less expensive than the Cedar Lodge Rooms.) However, if you want a larger space you will want the Cedar Lodge Room. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as was able to have a nice glass of wine and dinner on the deck, read a book on the nice rockers in the evening; stroll the grounds, sit on the swing reading overlooking the water, (they even have an outdoor hot tub which I did not have time to try) with grilling areas, and the next morning had complimentary breakfast and a full day of hiking at Cliffside and Dry Falls in the Highlands near the lodge.

The restaurants are the best around - my favorites: (Nicks, Wolfgangs Wine Bistro, Madison’s Wine Garden and Rooftop Terrace at Old Edwards Inn & Spa, Wild Thyme, and gourmet groceries at Mountain Fresh Grocery-(all within walking distance).

The following day enjoyed shopping and hiking in Cashiers at Whitewater Falls. I was so hoping to come back a few days later, but it did not work out, so look forward to my next trip when I can take a least 4 or 5 days to enjoy the cabins or the Cedar Lodge accommodations again.

I have been visiting the Highlands area for years to hike, shop, dine, and unwind, when living in Atlanta (as one of my favorite spots) at many of the hotels and inns. This is my first time returning to the Highlands area since residing in West Palm Beach, FL, as was in Asheville for business and decided to take some extra time for hiking and relaxing, and reading in the Highlands.

For years I stayed at the Old Creek Lodge (near Mitchell) in their cabins until it closed, and was delighted to try Mitchell's Lodge and Cottages! I love my privacy in a mountain type vacation home setting surrounded by trees, grounds and spacious interiors with private decks with swings and rockers and streams and ponds. They have a lot of repeat visitors and everyone I spoke to loved their accommodations…A must stay if you want a quiet relaxing vacation central to all activities. I cannot wait to return! .

Room Tip: Deluxe Room - Cedar Lodge - High Ceilings - Great Deck!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Judy C
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We've been visiting Highlands for many years now, usually averaging at least a couple of trips per year. Had never stayed at Mitchell's. The rooms were just as advertised. Not frilly and luxurious; but plenty nice enough for a mountain weekend getaway. The staff could not have been more welcoming, and before we left, they insisted we take a quick tour of other, larger rooms that we might consider on future trips. We've stayed at most of the B&B's in this area, and they are certainly nice in their own right. But Mitchell's was less expensive (translated = more $ for dinner each night), and given that we are out hiking/shopping/exploring during the day, this made good sense. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rhucks2
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The rooms were very smoky smelling even after a good airing.
The bathroom left a lot to be desired. The wash basin did not even have a stopper.
The shower is so small that you can't turn around in without hitting the toilet.
Furniture is very used and partially damaged.
Internet WIFI worked well and the office folks were friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank swfloridian
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here 5 days. Rooms are clean and up to date with great atmosphere. The rates are great and the staff is wonderful. We will return again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolfworks
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I spent three nights there this past week (21-24) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The lodge is about 2 blocks from town and very peaceful. The room was clean and well kept. The staff was outstanding and took care of our every need. I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francis R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Highlands Inn Lodge
Highlands Inn Lodge
#7 of 7 in Highlands
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites

Been to Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Address: 264 Dillard Rd, Highlands, NC 28741-6672
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Highlands
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Price Range: $80 - $218 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc. 2*
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages is nestled by a small mountain stream and lake only 2 blocks from Main Street in Highlands, NC. Accommodations include a secluded lob cabin with fireplace, kitchen and Jacuzzi overlooking a small mountain lake, to a suite with some of the same amenities located in the Cedar Lodge, the newest building on the property. If you want a great rate, try one of the Standard Rooms. Free wireless internet access, free continental breakfast on the weekends. We hope to see you soon. "It's Like Coming Home" ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mitchell`s Lodge And Cottages