“Highlands @ its finest....”

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Atlanta
“Highlands @ its finest....”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is my absolute favorite place to dine when in the highlands. I live in Atlanta so there is no shortage of menu selection here, however I go all the way to a lil mountain town to feel at home. The food prepared by Wolfgang and his staff is superb. From his take on a stimulus package ( hotdog) to the shrimp and grits or a filet even, its all uniquley prepared and each bite unforgettable. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed, we were even greeted by the owner and chef Wolfgang and his wife Mindy. I feel at home everytime I dine there, its like going to a favorite family members house for dinner where they know me by name. The staff even remembers my preference in wine and they are so knowledgeable they always recommend new ones that become favorites fast. Dont miss this truley unique experience, if your looking for the best Highlands has to offer, look no further....

2 Thank iluvalimony

Highlands
“Special service is the key with great food and delicious wine.”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We were celebrating friends visiting and had a particularly picky eater and critical diner. He was overwhelmed with great food individual attention and Lesley catered to his requests especially for non flavored Sweet tea. He enjoyed the entire dining experience and felt spoiled at the same time. As a result we all had a great time. Beautiful surroundings. Lovely people gracious service and relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend Wolfgang's on Main.

2 Thank Fine50Highlands
Four corners
“When in Highlands, Wolfgang's Restaurant is a must!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We used to live in Western North Carolina and visited Wolfgang's often. We sometimes attended their fabulous wine dinners, of just met with friends in the Bistro. The food and wine have always been fantastic, the wait staff is very friendly and proffesional.
We had a graduation dinner there for our oldest daughter after her graduation from RGNS.
Not only is Wolfgangs a great restaurant, but Wolfgang and Mindy Green are great assests to the community. They give generously of their time and food. I highly suggest you drop in for wine and an appetizer in the Bistro, try the lamb pops or the stuffed portobello mushroom. In the dining room the short ribs are excellent and the fish is always really fresh. My husband loves the wiener schnitzel. Whatever you have I am sure you will enjoy it and plan to return.

2 Thank juler
Texas
“An experience not to be missed in Highlands-everytime you go!”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Wolfgang's is the ultimate dining experience. Food is exquisite, atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing, wine selection(and knowledge) is unequaled and the service is outstanding. Wolfgang's has created the perfect spot for any occasion...or no occasion at all! Be sure to try one of my favorites-the shrimp and lobster bisque!

4 Thank TexasDrifting
Clayton, Ga
“Everyone should treat themselves to dinner at Wolfgang's.”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I've dined at Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro a number of times now and every time has been a wonderfully fulfilling experience. You know it's a great restaurant when three days later my husband is still talking about it! I have recommended Wolfgang's to about a dozen people and they all come back thanking me for the recommendation. The service is exceptional, every bite of food is like a party for your mouth, the atmosphere is relaxing and welcoming, and I have never felt rushed. The lamb chops get my highest recommendation. And the German Streussel Cake. If Wolfgang has made ginger ice cream and cookies, order it!

3 Thank SheCreekCabin