“A Favorite Among Highlands Restaurants” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Jackson, Mississippi
“A Favorite Among Highlands Restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

While they have small plates and wine in the front of the restaurant, we chose the full meal deal in the back. Their specials are very special. My husband raved about his veal and my fish was excellent too, served hot with plenty of crab meat on top. Service was good but not rushed and the dinning room was quiet enough to hear the conversation at our table. We will return ASAP.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta
“Never the same twice .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We try and try again only to be fooled by one decent meal followed by terrible ones. How can a chef be so off the mark time after time. Staff is always very nice , but I guess you should be slinging inconsistent food night after night. The bar is a nice place to grab a drink but if they take you to the very rear of the place to seat you, run for the door .......... It's so depressing.

3 Thank Travelsouth1
texanHighlands_NC, Owner at Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are very sorry that you had a bad experience with us.
In all our 20 years we have never had anyone say we were slinging food.
Wolfgang, the manager and myself always check on tables.When you dine at any restaurant and are that unhappy let the restaurant know then so they can do something to make you happy. I am surprised if you have had that many inconsistent dinners that we did not know and you came back. I went back to see our last review from you and it was a five star. We would like to talk to you more about your dining experience and when you came.
Mindy Green, Owner
mindygreen@me.com
Jackson, Mississippi
“All Selections were GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Marie was our server and she helped in our choices, she was great.
We had the Crab Louis, Shrimp Bisque, Trout Oscar, Weiner Schnitzel and a New York Strip. All were prepared and served correctly. Carmel Creme for dessert made for a perfect ending to a perfect meal

1 Thank joseph j
Dallas, Texas
“Fine Dining at Wolfgangs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

My long term misconception was that Wolfgang's was a German restaurant. My mistake. While there are a few examples of German cuisine, the vast majority of the diverse menu is replete with different seafood, beef and other desirable offerings. I think there are at least four different steaks from which to choose.

We both had the seafood special, sauteed tiggerfish. The fish was fresh and perfectly prepared. I started with French Onion Soup which was a great choice. My wife started with a grilled ceasar salad perfectly done also. To be honest, I don't remember when I have had a better fish entree.

Service was professional and friendly. The pace of the meal was not too fast and not too slow. Everyone on the staff seemed focused on the customer. The bill seemed reasonable especially in light of some other recent experiences in Highlands. The wine list is superb with lots of our favorites at fair prices.

I'm just sorry it took me so long to come to the conclusion that Wolfgang's is one of the best in town. My loss!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank racar22
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Relaxed, refreshing dining experience. The food was excellent, but especially the North Carolina Trout. Perfectly cooked, visually appealing and excellent mild taste. Quality service. We will definitely return.

1 Thank Patrick A