“Excellent personal service and an extraordinary menu keeps bringing us back to Wolfgang's each time we visit Highlands.”

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. . Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The staff could not be more accommodating, even to the point of making sure our sheltie pup is welcome and the heaters are warming the patio for us on those cool Highlands nights. The sommelier offers great wine advice. My husband loved the porcini crusted Seabass. Wolfgang's is definitely our very favorite Highlands Restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Without fail, I make my way to Wolfgang's every time I visit Highlands, North Carolina. The staff goes over and beyond to make it a wonderful experience each time, and the menu is out of this world. The atmosphere was amazing, especially the outside dining area. If you're looking for a great night out with friends and/or family, Wolfgang's is where you'll want to go. I'm so excited for my next visit!

1  Thank Felicia G
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I visited Wolfgang's this past weekend and we are so glad we did. The experience is nothing short of exceptional in all areas. We were seated immediately, server was at the table right away, and our meal came to us quickly. Food selection at Wolfgang's is very broad and there should be no trouble finding something for every taste. We both tried seafod. I had the red snapper special and my wife ordered the salmon from the menu. Both were delicious. Wolgang's prices are not cheap but the food, service, and atmosphere made the meal worth every penny.

I can't wait to return

1  Thank Tarheel43
Reviewed May 12, 2014

An above average restaurant with a unexpected menu.

We went to Wolfgang's for our anniversary after hearing of this exceptional restaurant. It will not disappoint anyone wanting the utmost fine dining experience.

There may be a few other restaurants in the area with higher ratings on here. I honestly have to say they must be having staff right reviews to heighten their ratings. Wolfgang's - there is none finer.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The food was superb. Served elegantly, and our waitress was friendly and courteous. We ordered the short rib with mashed potatoes and collard greens dinner. Everything seasoned to perfection.

1  Thank HLDMCD