“Absolutely Divine !”

Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 5th Street
Description: Internationally recognized Chef Wolfgang invites you to dine in his garden pavilion or by the fireside in a historic home. Nestled amongst the rhododendrons on the historic main street of Highlands. . Wolfgang's is the recipient of the Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" for the past years, our wine list features over 800 wines. Eclectic Contemporary American Cuisine with a New Orleans flair, Seafood and Steaks. . "Our State" magazine named Wolfgang's Restaurant & Wine Bistro the place you must eat in Macon County. Featured in Southern Living, Southern Accents, WNC Magazine, and Outside Magazine. Chef Wolfgang Green was the Executive Chef for the Brennan Family of Commander's Palace. Elected Member of Academy of Chefs Certified Executive Chef Member Texas Culinary Olympic Team Voted Jamaican and Texas Chef of the Year and Chaine des Rotisseurs.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Oh my word, my husband and I spent the weekend in Highlands recently and decided to try this neat looking place called Wolfgangs, the patios were so relaxing we enjoyed drinks there and then went inside for our meal. There was a lady very knowledgable of wines that helped us choose a new favorite ! The food was incredible....Ive never seen a salad "grilled" and the pecan crusted shrimp...oh my ! I had the filet while my husband tried a fish special...all and all we were sopleased with the food and service...we finished our evening with a berry romanoff....light but just enough sweet to renew the pallett....Please dont take my word for it...try it yourself ! I forgot to mention...the CHEF came out and introduced himself and wanted to ensure our meal and service was excellent.....

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our meal was good, not great. Usually I enjoy Wolfgangs but it was off on this night. It was uncomfortably warm (there was a heat wave this weekend, but other restaurants were far superior in providing a compfortable climate for guests). Waitress seemed so busy she was rude. Good quality food and a nice wine list, but not a very enjoyable meal.

1  Thank Bobeana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

the reviews were all so good so i don't know if it was just a bad night. However both meals just seemed thrown together...presentation was awful and the meals were very disappointing..service was very good

1  Thank cico31
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have dined at Wolfgang's now since 1995. Perfect selection, perfect service. Not hovering like in some places. My iced tea glass was replaced with a fresh glass,before it became too empty. The shirmp and grits was delightful! Perfect choice on a warm 4th of July evening. Great holiday atmosphere. Chef Wolfgang and his wife, Mindy were there to greet their guests. Great Food! Great Restaurant! Great Team! Recommend to everyone here in Charlotte.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We try to eat at Wolfgang's every time we visit Highlands. This time we ate outside at the Bistro. Everything was delicious, and we look forward to future visits.