“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Review of Meritage Bistro

Meritage Bistro
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Delicious Euro-Mediterranean cuisine, served in our delightful cool canopy garden or the mountain contemporary dining room. Chef-owned and operating in the Highlands market for 20 years. Meritage is located two blocks off main in a peaceful mountain location with a relaxed vibe and some of the best food in Highlands! Come join us!
Concord, North Carolina
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a great little restaurant. There were four in our party, and we all thought our meals were spectacular. My son especially enjoyed the duck. I had the venison, which was absolutely the best I have ever had. Deserts were equally delicious. Meritage will always be first on our list when returning to Highlands.

1 Thank Catherine D

Mobile
“Exceptional new restaurant”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having never been to Highlands before, my husband and I, along with another couple, felt very fortunate to have chosen Meritage Bistro as our first dining experience there. We chose to dine outside since it was a beautiful evening, and the patio atmosphere was so inviting….small and intimate. We were escorted to our table by Jason, the manager, who was extremely friendly and informative as we asked questions about the restaurant. Craig, our server, was exceptional……very knowledgeable about the specials and menu and was eager to offer suggestions when asked. Service was excellent. We ordered pork lasagna which was very tasty. Before leaving Jason came by our table and asked about our dining experience. We talked to him in depth and were impressed with his focus on quality of food, service and overall quality of the dining experience. It was a most enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank card_bri
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great new restaurant with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were excited to try Meritage having head wonderful things from others. We were both pleasantly stunned to see how the space had been renovated. Really upscale design is also intimate.

Before the only great space was the nice outdoor areas but I might choose the inside.

Food was excellent. Veal meatloaf very good and a bargain but the lightly fried monkfish was exceptional. A good bar small bar for those that want to drop in.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank JohnGolfAtl
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great new addition to Highlands”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I come to Highlands a couple of times a year and have been doing so for over 25 years. We have our favorites in town...and there are quite a few good restaurants, but were thrilled we gave Meritage try. It was fantastic.....in fact, so good,we canceled reservations at one of our favorites a couple of nights later and went back with friends. It didn't disappoint! Food spectacular, service outstanding. The chocolate mousse and Pasta Bolognese, I'd put up against Any restaurant. The wine list is very good, comprehensive and reasonable. This has made our way to the top of our list. Welcome to Highlands! A great new addition.

1 Thank Kiminthecity
Gettysburg
“Nice but not exceptional”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Caprese salad was way too vinegary. Grilled octopus was good not great. Mountain trout, husband really liked but way too salty for me. Felt very rushed by staff to turn the table, but it was raining and they lost their outside seating so I cut some slack. Nice wine selection and fair prices. I would try it again.

1 Thank sundans