“wow was I ever wrong”

Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner,
Albany, New York
“wow was I ever wrong”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We were visiting Highlands as a family group, nine of us. It was past lunchtime and everyone was hungry and cranky. We were walking around town in separate groups trying to find a place to eat together.
My sister went into Wild Thyme and found that we could be seated together and made us all follow her in. I was quite unhappy...I thought it would be pretentious, not very good, and we would be there for three hours.
WRONG! First of all, our server was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Second, all the food was excellent, and being a large group we ordered a large variety of items. And third, all the food came out quickly especially considering the size of our party.
I left the restaurant a lot happier than when I went in, and I would certainly eat there again if I ever was back in Highlands, NC.

“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a surprisingly lovely evening here on a Sunday. A first rate, well priced wine list and a lovely meal. The staff were pleasant but unobtrusive. We sat outside and the environment was just lovely. The entire experience was much nicer than I had expected.

Visited August 2014
San Diego, California
“Outdoor dining. Dog friendly.”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had reservation for 8pm, but live music earlier in the evening set all tables behind... we ended up waiting about 45 minutes for our table. That being said, I had quite possibly the most perfectly prepared trout in my experience. The entire meal was very good and it was nice to be able to sit outside with our pup. All in all, it was worth the wait.

Visited August 2014
Tifton, GA
“Very Pleasant Lunch”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this very busy spot for lunch. From all the activity, we expected a wait; but we were seated inside within five minutes. Service was friendly and efficient from the moment we walked in the door. Our lunch arrived very quickly. My husband thought his salmon BLT and chilled rice salad were wonderful. I had picked the spinach salad; and though it was very tasty, I couldn't help eyeing some very other very tasty looking dishes coming out of the kitchen, such as daily specials of mushroom soup and quiche.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Another good dinner at Wild Thyme”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Wild Thyme moved from a small and somewhat out of the way location to Main Street about two years ago, and it seems to have become one of the most popular restaurants in Highlands. We have been eating at Wild Thyme for several years, and we went there this year on our first night in Highlands. Both of us ordered the Grouper special, and it was very nicely prepared. The old location actually was closer to our B&B, but we drove to the new place in about five minutes. Our waiter did a nice job, and while we didn't arrive until 8:30 pm, the place was still pretty full.

1 Thank Lyle K