“Outdoor dining. Dog friendly.”
Review of Wild Thyme Gourmet

Wild Thyme Gourmet
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner,
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had reservation for 8pm, but live music earlier in the evening set all tables behind... we ended up waiting about 45 minutes for our table. That being said, I had quite possibly the most perfectly prepared trout in my experience. The entire meal was very good and it was nice to be able to sit outside with our pup. All in all, it was worth the wait.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this very busy spot for lunch. From all the activity, we expected a wait; but we were seated inside within five minutes. Service was friendly and efficient from the moment we walked in the door. Our lunch arrived very quickly. My husband thought his salmon BLT and chilled rice salad were wonderful. I had picked the spinach salad; and though it was very tasty, I couldn't help eyeing some very other very tasty looking dishes coming out of the kitchen, such as daily specials of mushroom soup and quiche.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Wild Thyme moved from a small and somewhat out of the way location to Main Street about two years ago, and it seems to have become one of the most popular restaurants in Highlands. We have been eating at Wild Thyme for several years, and we went there this year on our first night in Highlands. Both of us ordered the Grouper special, and it was very nicely prepared. The old location actually was closer to our B&B, but we drove to the new place in about five minutes. Our waiter did a nice job, and while we didn't arrive until 8:30 pm, the place was still pretty full.

1  Thank Lyle K
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My two ladies and I stopped by Wild Thyme for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in the mountain top town of Highlands, NC. The place was packed, and for good reason. I got brave and tried the Grilled Vegetarian Black Bean Burger (I'm not a vegetarian). It was marvelous -- I love black beans and I love burgers, a great creative combination. My wife had Goat's Cheese Salad, and Aunt Peg had Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Wrap. What a menu! Only sorry we had to leave town before dinner -- the dinner menu was creatively mouth-watering too.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stumbled upon this little gem while shopping. It was about 5:00 on a busy Friday afternoon, and we inquired if we might be able to get a reservation for 7:00. The young man and youn woman who helped us were very pleasant and accommodating. While they didn't have anything available on the outdoor patio, they graciously reserved a spot for us in their dining room. When we arrived back at the restaurant a few minutes before 7:00, they welcomed us back and took us to a very nice table. Our server was a sweet young lady who was friendly and courteous , as well as knowledgable. I was impressed with her effortless and detailed recitation of the evening specials. I started off with a chilled asparagus soup, which was generously served in a full size bowl. It was creamy, flavorful and just a hint of pepper that left a subtle after-burn in your mouth for a second or two. My husband had the goat-cheese-walnut-and-cranberry-salad, which he enjoyed. I then had the crab cakes in a beurre blanc sauce which were quite good. They were meaty, without the typical filler most restaurants use. For being outside of the Maryland seashore, I was pleasantly impressed. My husband had a fresh halibut flown in from Alaska that he was extremely happy with. I would definitely come here again!