“A little disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner,
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

For years we have had locals recommend this place to us. We decided to finally give it a try for lunch. The atmosphere was cold and uninviting, as was the host. Our server, however, was kind and efficient. My husband had a beer and the salmon BLT with sweet potato chips. I had the fried shrimp sandwich with a bowl of creamy tomato soup and a glass of overpriced cheap Chardonnay. The food came out very quickly and looked good. However, I would say it was mediocre at best. The sweet potato chips were cold and chewy. My sandwich had 4 medium sized shrimp. And while my husband liked his sandwich more than I liked mine, Wild Thyme just couldn't live up to our preset expectations. And it cost us over $50 with tip. Not sure what all the hype is about.

1  Thank tripnc

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We love to meet friends here for lunch or dinner. It's new location downtown is convenient and clean modern decor. The service is excellent and the food is great - a good value for the dollar in a resort town! Family friendly, too.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical about the new place, as we felt the original location was perfect. But the new location is beautiful, very contemporary, well decorated, and the staff are as excellent as ever. Congratulations to Wild Thyme on and excellent new restaurant. We eat there every time we are in town, which is every other week. Always, a pleasure.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

did not think food could be this bad! however, wild thyme has added a new level to bad food. run from this restaurant very fast. please keep in mind that this is the new location. we ate there 2 saturdays in a row. as if one wasn't enough. we thought maybe anyone can have a bad day, right. to start with the appetizer was COLD! The goumet salad included the following for $9 1 to 2 oz of lettuce, about 2 forks full!. 1 piece of walnut. 1/16 of a tiny tomato. 1 crouton of some description, and a smal amount of dressing like material. It gets worse. the tuna was from a freezer bag and smelled like it had been in there for a long time (like freezer burn).
the kind of tuna you would buy at costco with many in a bag. No gourmet here. l There went $115.00 for 2.

1  Thank george b
wtg2008, Owner at Wild Thyme Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy dinning with us. We strive to give our customers the best food and service. I encourage you and anyone that dine with us to let us know immediately if something is not up to your standards. We never want to fall short on our customer's satisfaction.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your tuna. We take pains to ensure that we only serve the freshest seafood and fish. Even though we try, we are not perfect. If you had let me know right away, I could have tried to do something to fix your problem. At this point, there is little I can do to help. If you should have choose to join us in the future, I hope you will let us know. As small business owned, your opinion is very important and valuable to us. Thanks for your feedback and I only wish you had offered it sooner. Thank you.
Dindu Lama
Chef/Owner

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a recent Saturday night dinner. The first thing that struck me as I entered was how sterile the place looked, not as in clean-which it was, but as in devoid of personality. Interestingly, the service echoed the atmosphere. Efficient but bland and unfriendly. The food was above average but not fabulous. I felt the prices were too high for the total experience.

1  Thank JCDoug1