“Great food with casual elegant atmosphere”
Review of Wild Thyme Gourmet

Wild Thyme Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner We are closed from January 31 till February 12. We are open on valentine's day.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband ate lunch here this past weekend. We sat on the patio and had a great meal. The prices were very reasonable and the atmosphere was great. Our server wasn't overly friendly to say the least but we didn't even care because we where outside on a beautiful fall day and the lunch was great!

1  Thank jenywoo1385

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My recent visit was two firsts: first time at the new Main Street location and the first time for lunch. In a last minute decision we walked in for a Sunday lunch. There was a short wait for a table. The ambience of the new location is very different from the former Carolina St. The decor is a more contempory in warm colors. There are now booths as well as tables. There are some outdoor tables, but they were not being used due to the weather. The place was packed (Sunday during leaf season) and rather noisey...tile floors, unfinished ceilng, wood tables.We were seated at a table for two which was a bit too close to our neighbors for me.

Very good service from a large staff of many unfamiliar faces. I had the daily special: a mahi mahi sandwich. A bit disappointed that it could only be prepared fried...I would have prefered grilled. The grilled green pepper atop I had to remove: it really overpowered the mild fish. The diced tomatoes all feel off after the first bite. Otherwise the sandwich was very good. I chose the rice salad for my side. It was very good and was a nice non-fried alternative to the sweet potato chips. I mixed the fallen tomatoes and green pepper to the rice salad. My partner had the fried chicken sandwich. A request for a substitute bread was no problem. He said the sandwich was very good, but had to remove alot of lettuce inorder to eat. His sweet potato chips were disappointing: a bit overcooked and lacking seasoning. The sweet iced tea was very good and regularly refilled.

Overall Wild Thyme Gourmet consistantly serves very good, high quality food with attentive service. The new location lacks the uniqueness of the old...it could be anywhere in a mall. Another plus: they now accept American Express. This had been a thorn for years. The manager always said it was because of the higher fee for them...however their prices were simlar to other restaurants that take AmEx. Thanks for adding it!

1  Thank Lladnar
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did not have reservations but fortunately we went early enough to get seated. They had a full house few minutes later with showed to me, GREAT FOOD! Staff and food were excellent! Large portions and great detail were given to our dinner. Lots of pleasant staff that met our every need. My Pork medallions with garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus were delicious and ran about $28. I wasn't that hungry so we didn't order any appetizers and staff didn't treat us any differently than if we had ordered everything on the menu. My husband ordered a dish that resembled a Beef Stir Fry and he said it was very good and it ran about $21. He drank tea and I had water w/ lemon. So for about $68. which included a 20% tip, you can have a delightful evening out. Would certainly go again!

1  Thank mrschaplaincoley
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a terrific lunch at Wild Thyme. The restaurant was quite crowded and there was a wait - though we beat the crowd by a bit. All of us (four) enjoyed our meals. I had the corn and crab chowder (delicious!) and the chicken wrap. One entree was the chicken salad which we all ended up sharing - and proclaimed it as terrific. We were very well impressed with our meals. I'd recommend it as the best lunch we've had in Highlands.

1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The trout was very good not your typical grilled fish. Good chef. Service was excellent.We'll be back. One of the must places to eat