“Very Pleased!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Dinning Options: Lunch & Dinner,
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did not have reservations but fortunately we went early enough to get seated. They had a full house few minutes later with showed to me, GREAT FOOD! Staff and food were excellent! Large portions and great detail were given to our dinner. Lots of pleasant staff that met our every need. My Pork medallions with garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus were delicious and ran about $28. I wasn't that hungry so we didn't order any appetizers and staff didn't treat us any differently than if we had ordered everything on the menu. My husband ordered a dish that resembled a Beef Stir Fry and he said it was very good and it ran about $21. He drank tea and I had water w/ lemon. So for about $68. which included a 20% tip, you can have a delightful evening out. Would certainly go again!

1  Thank mrschaplaincoley

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a terrific lunch at Wild Thyme. The restaurant was quite crowded and there was a wait - though we beat the crowd by a bit. All of us (four) enjoyed our meals. I had the corn and crab chowder (delicious!) and the chicken wrap. One entree was the chicken salad which we all ended up sharing - and proclaimed it as terrific. We were very well impressed with our meals. I'd recommend it as the best lunch we've had in Highlands.

1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The trout was very good not your typical grilled fish. Good chef. Service was excellent.We'll be back. One of the must places to eat

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped in for drinks, football and appetizers. The place was very nicely laid out, with some nice flat panel HD TV's in bar. We liked the outdoor seating as well (perhaps heaters, if they are allowed would help more people want to sit there as I heard several turn it down when offered).

We ate at the bar and ordered thai shrimp (great taste but too much of the dressing making the greens soggy with the hot veggies too) and fried green tomatoes (2nd best I have had).

Drinks were very good - expansive menu of choices from martinis, wine, or other cocktails. Probably 3 pages of cocktails alone - love that.

One item that should be addressed immediately by owners/managers - the customers at the bar are usually not deaf. The wait staff and bartender argue over "getting in my space" or "it is my job" stuff which is distracting and unprofessional. After observing for a couple hours - that register is the gathering place for all issues in the restuarant. I do have to agree with the bartender Nikki. Her job is to fix drinks and most bars have a ledge that opens only for the bartender to enter, to do his/her job, but this bar is completely open allowing all the managers and wait staff to enter her space and often fix drinks. If the owners enforced this guideline, it would allow the service to run more smoothly, quietly with fewer comments/facial expressions about it to one person at the bar (we assumed her boyfriend who was not eating or drinking but was there the entire time) and to the other bartender. I never really saw a back up so it was not as if they had to have help, the wait staff and others just preferred to do it themselves at times, even when she tried to politely ask them to stop.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We decided to try the new location of Wild Thyme at the spur of the moment. The new location on Main Street is much larger and has a much more contemporary decor. It was a bit cool to eat outside, but would have been lovely if we were dressed for it.
The restaurant was completely filled, so the noise level was rather high. It would not have made for a romantic evening, but would be fun with friends.
I had the fish special. The fish was tender, but ... for my taste, the lemon and ginger was too strong and overwhelmed the mild taste of the fish. My husband had the portobello mushroom napoleon which he said was just wonderful and would order again. We tried the spring roll appetizer ... not really anything special.
We would return for certain, I would just try another item.
Our server was from Eastern Europe, and just delightful.