“Excellent brunch, beautiful setting”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Plantation, Florida
“Excellent brunch, beautiful setting”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Great food for our party of 4. Service was very attentive with all of the staff helping each other were needed. Something other establishments could learn from. We each had a different main course and we all loved the food. Going back for dinner next time I'm in Highlands. And a phenomenal wine list.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sandyhaig

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fabulous dining and wine list”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A must-do for special occasions...we ate here on our visit to Highlands for our 20th wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been coming to Highlands for 15 years and always look forward to dining here on anniversary trips. We especially enjoy eating on the verandah overlooking the lake...very restful, especially with a great wine. The food is always superb and service is top-notch. We love watching the hummingbirds at their feeders nearby. We'd also like to commend Sid, the dessert chef, who did an exquisite job on the anniversary cake we ordered for our special occasion. It was made exactly as requested and very tasty and beautifully decorated as well! We appreciate his attention to detail. We will return again and again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank abeydavis
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I made reservations for 4 with a view of the water. We were greeted by our hostess who escorted us to a table with a view of Lake Sequoyah and the band area. Our waiter was personable and made great suggestions for supper. I had the fresh broiled trout, pecan butter which was the best meal in our week in the Cashiers, NC area. Another member in our party had seared sea scallops over angel hair pasta with ginger scallion sauce which was so wonder he wanted to lick his plate. Two other dishes enjoyed by our party were Veal Scalippini, shallot madeira sauce and shrimp with proscioutto. We were also pleasantly entertained with country band while we ate.
All our meals were excellent, but we had to indulge in dessert. I had the chocolate bourbon pecan pie which was fabulous. Other deserts enjoyed were the Mississippi mud torte with homemade frozen custard, Godiva chocolate creme brulee and the scrumptious Kahlua fudge sundae.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lukeanthonywflorida
Jackson, Mississippi
“ Very mixed”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress Janelle was lovely and made up greatly for a very poor reception. Of the 6 of us there were two nearly inedible trout dishes with stale pecans and a strange and strong wine sauce. The pork chop was tough. However the filet was delicious. With many choices I would go almost any where else

4 Thank juju78028
Lakeland, FL
“Spectacular Brunch in the Mountains”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband treated me to a very special Sunday brunch at this beautiful lakeside restaurant. We had reserved a seat on the veranda earlier in the week and were delighted to find out how lovely the view was. A hummingbird feeder was located right next to the table and it was fun to watch the birds feeding as we ate. The weather was perfect and the outdoor seating was so enjoyable. The veranda was both screened and covered to make it even more comfortable. The view was both beautiful and serene. The brunch special consisted of a choice of soup, mimosa or kir royale cocktail, salad bar with a wide array of delightful choices, and an entree. There were about ten entrees from which to choose. I had poached eggs over sliced prime rib and my husband had the prime rib. We were both delighted with our choices and our server was excellent. The hostess even remembered to wish me a happy birthday both when I arrived and departed. I would be happy to return to this very special restaurant and plan to bring my future out-of-town guests.

• Visited June 2014