“Wonderful Evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of On the Veranda Restaurant

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I made reservations for 4 with a view of the water. We were greeted by our hostess who escorted us to a table with a view of Lake Sequoyah and the band area. Our waiter was personable and made great suggestions for supper. I had the fresh broiled trout, pecan butter which was the best meal in our week in the Cashiers, NC area. Another member in our party had seared sea scallops over angel hair pasta with ginger scallion sauce which was so wonder he wanted to lick his plate. Two other dishes enjoyed by our party were Veal Scalippini, shallot madeira sauce and shrimp with proscioutto. We were also pleasantly entertained with country band while we ate.
All our meals were excellent, but we had to indulge in dessert. I had the chocolate bourbon pecan pie which was fabulous. Other deserts enjoyed were the Mississippi mud torte with homemade frozen custard, Godiva chocolate creme brulee and the scrumptious Kahlua fudge sundae.

2 Thank Lukeanthonywflorida

Jackson, Mississippi
“ Very mixed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress Janelle was lovely and made up greatly for a very poor reception. Of the 6 of us there were two nearly inedible trout dishes with stale pecans and a strange and strong wine sauce. The pork chop was tough. However the filet was delicious. With many choices I would go almost any where else

4 Thank juju78028
Lakeland, FL
“Spectacular Brunch in the Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband treated me to a very special Sunday brunch at this beautiful lakeside restaurant. We had reserved a seat on the veranda earlier in the week and were delighted to find out how lovely the view was. A hummingbird feeder was located right next to the table and it was fun to watch the birds feeding as we ate. The weather was perfect and the outdoor seating was so enjoyable. The veranda was both screened and covered to make it even more comfortable. The view was both beautiful and serene. The brunch special consisted of a choice of soup, mimosa or kir royale cocktail, salad bar with a wide array of delightful choices, and an entree. There were about ten entrees from which to choose. I had poached eggs over sliced prime rib and my husband had the prime rib. We were both delighted with our choices and our server was excellent. The hostess even remembered to wish me a happy birthday both when I arrived and departed. I would be happy to return to this very special restaurant and plan to bring my future out-of-town guests.

1 Thank FLLovestoroam
Atlanta, Georgia
“Spectacular Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

While Madisons was a touch more elegant in atmosphere and service. The food and value here well make up for it. We went for Sunday brunch. It was a gorgeous day and we sat outside with a spectacular view. Brunch comes with mimosa or kir royale, soup, salad bar and entrée. Every single item of food was delish! My husband and I got different soups and both superb. The salad bar has all types of interesting items. My favorite was a pepper (one I had never heard of before) and rice dish. I had Cajun eggs benedict and my husband shrimp and grits, both where, exceptionally good. Our service was good. The price was 42 dollars. We both thought this was very good for all it included. Will definitely go again.

1 Thank gagrl2
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our 1st time at this establishment. Our party of 6 arrived Sunday at 11 am. There were only 2 cars in the lot. Upon entering the restaurant, there were 3-4 tables occupied. You can sit inside or outside on the deck. We chose inside. It did fill up around 11:45 am. The Sunday Brunch is $26 which includes salad bar (very good), soup, a choice of entrée (6-8 choices) and a mimosa. We had the twin crab cakes which were served with 2 poached eggs and veggies. The crab cakes had plenty of lump crab meat but the eggs were a little over done. The Canadian bacon was also good, The bar doesn't open until noon. There is a Bloody Mary bar where you can add what ever you like to your drink. Our waiter was very efficient.

• 3 of 5 bubbles