“On the Veranda Restaurant”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went with a group of 5 to On the Veranda in Highlands NC. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Great atmosphere and lovely mountain décor. The service was excellent and the chief even visited the table to go over specials. The drinks were gracious and the whole place had a comfortable feel. The lamb and steaks were excellent - I chose the snapper and was not delighted - not as much flavor as I had anticipated. All the sides were wonderful and the group had a fine time. The entertainer added to the special evening and the entire party had a memorable time. hold you breath when you get the bill - as everything in The Highlands it was quite expensive. I would definitely return - next time when it is still light so that we could enjoy the view.

1  Thank michael s

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here to celebrate my 60th birthday. Our table overlooked the lake and we were greeted with glasses of champagne. I cannot say enough about Billy, our waiter. He gave us the very best service that my wife and I can recall ever having. He has great knowledge of food and wine and kept in touch discreetly throughout our meal. Billy made our dinner a memorable experience. The food was delicious and the ambiance very warm and friendly. We can't wait to go back.

2  Thank 53moto
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We go every year in Oct to OtV for either our anniversary or hubs bday. This year we had the great fortune of getting Billy. The food is always excellent, all 12+ years we've been (the braised short ribs - oh my!!) which is what keeps us coming back. But Billy is what prompted me to actually put in a review. He made an already special event all the more special. He guided us, joked with us, and, corny enough, made us feel like family that night. OtV is great all on its own but with Billy on board....it just doesn't get any better than this!

2  Thank KassieHicks
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My sisters and I ate at On the Verandah with our mom and we all agreed the food was wonderful! The Lobster Picatta was amazing. We ate there at night, so we didn't get to enjoy the beautiful lake view, but the lights and decor inside were beautiful. It was pretty noisy in the room we were in, but there was a birthday party going on and the table next to us had way too much wine, so that's where the noise came from! Next time we'll just ask to sit in the main room where the piano is! It was the priciest dinner we had in Highlands, but it really was delicious!

1  Thank Joni C
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a wonderful brunch here on a Sunday afternoon. We arrived at 1:00 and were seated immediately at a lovely table overlooking the lake. We had two young granddaughters in our party and received excellent service and attention throughout the brunch. The Bloody Mary's were " make your own" and a real treat. My son-in-law makes the best ever and I loved that he could make them to our taste. We had the prime rib, scallops, and trout while the children enjoyed scrambled eggs and French toast.
The staff was attentive and kind to the children throughout the brunch ( crayons, whipped cream, fruit ). The food and atmosphere were superb. My husband especially loved the piano music . What a wonderful, restful way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon. Bravo!!!

1  Thank SouthernBelle069