“Amazing!!!”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Love the atmosphere at this restaurant!! You can sit on a covered porch right over the water! So beautiful and the food is even more outstanding!! The owner is so friendly and Gregory is probably the best waiter I have ever had! So knowledgeable and friendly! Wonderful evening!!

2  Thank dgallup315

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I found this Restuarant to be the best Restuarant In Highlands North Carolina. Billy was our waiter he was great. Very knowledgable with the menu. Very knowledgable with the wine pairing. Friendly staff. The food was very good.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Took friends to Highlands with us this time. Billy was our server and was so enthusiastic about the dishes on the menu that night.All four of us were delighted with our meals. Excellent wine selection. Beautiful fall decorations. The chef came out to chat with us at the end of the evening. All in all a great dining event.

1  Thank crahrah
Reviewed October 14, 2013

O.T.V. can't be beat as far as picturesque locations go. Be sure to ask for the screened in veranda area over looking Lake Sequoia. I strongly suggest reservations.
We have been coming up to Highlands for the last ten or so years and "O.T.V" is always one of our must go places.
The trout is known far and wide. The tomato bisque soup also is to die for.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

After my uncle warned me of his bad experience at this restaurant (a waiter telling him his 15% tip he left wasn't enough), my husband and I were pretty wary. Fortunately, we found excellent (albeit pricey) food. Everything we had was delicious. Iceberg lettuce wedge was $11.50. The lamb ribs appetizer ($11.50) was nothing short of amazing. Unforgettable, really.
The waiter ran off my uncle from ever returning (he's the year round visitor, I'm just the very occasional one). We were very happy with the food we were served, and the service was fine too.

1  Thank whalewatchergirl