“Excellent dinner”

On the Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US 64 West
Description: Fine dining serving Eclectic American Cuisine overlooking scenic lake Sequoyah in Highlands NC
Atlanta
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our diner at On the Veranda was excellent. They had a very knowledgeable wait staff. The tuna steak was done perfectly and the Seafood Grill was fantastic. Our best dinner so far in Highlands.

Gatlinburg
“Best restaurant experience ever”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had completely different entrées, (fish and steak). We both had the same comments, "Wow!, this is the best steak/seafood I have ever had!" The ambiance was excellent with seating on the veranda overlooking Mirror Lake. The service was excellent and they had a person who's only job was to make sure your beverage glass was always full. I had the Yellow Fin Tuna seared with a side of purple sticky rice. I didn't know then and still don't know exactly what makes it purple, but it was delicious. If I had been a kid, I would have licked the plate after I was finished. My wife had the filet and it was tender enough to cut with a butter knife. I usually skip dessert but the entrée was so good, I had to try the pecan-chocolate pie. It was so good toped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Prices were reasonable, portions were filling, and over all I cannot think of one negative about our dining experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant any time you are in Highlands, NC

1 Thank Jim O
Atlanta, Georgia
“Superb service, scenery and food for a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I hosted 8 family members for my parents' 50th anniversary at On the Verandah-what a great night! We have a house in Highlands and have visited this wonderful restaurant several times, but last night was our best experience yet. Gregory, our waiter, was gracious, attentive and funny (which my Dad loved)! Highlights of the meal were the lobster piccata, heirloom tomato salad, risotto, and NY strip. Desserts were also delicious- particularly their chocolate bourbon pecan pie and peach cheesecake. The last bit of fun was the restaurant's wonderful piano player serenading our table with an Indian flute and guitar sing-a-long. We highly recommend booking a couple of weeks in advance to reserve a seat on the actual verandah!

1 Thank Jennifer M
Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although the food was amazing and delicious, the best aspect of this restaurant is its setting if you get to be on the verandah, itself. We arrived just at the end of sunset, perfect to see just a bit of color and then, to experience the gradual twilight transforming the sheen on the lake. The water was mirror-like at this hour, so that a passing canoe seemed magical as it glided by with its hull and passengers reflected in the lake. On the Verandah is one of the most peaceful places to sit for a leisurely meal.

1 Thank swong2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great all around”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location, service and creativeness of the menu are all tops!. Definetly a must while in Highlands. Reserve a table with a lakeview and enjoy terrific sunsets. Great couples spot but well behaved children will enjoy as well.