“Awesome Anniversary”
Review of Madison's

Madison's
Reserve with OpenTable
Madison's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Innovative farm-fresh cuisine for lunch and dinner in an environment of relaxed elegance. Most menu items sourced locally and grown organically at The Farm at Old Edwards. Dine indoors year-round or outdoors in the warm months at the Wine Garden beside the beautiful waterfall. (Breakfast service is for hotel guests only.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We dined here for our anniversary and it was fantastic! When we arrived, the staff already knew it was our anniversary & our table was decorated with fresh rose petals. Our meal was very memorable as well. My husband had the sunchoke soup to start & he could not say enough about it! He even used his roll to clean the bowl because he wanted to get every drop! I had a garden salad with all the fresh ingredients from the garden that were absolutely divine. You cannot beat the freshness! The apple cider vinaigrette was delicious; I could have had that in a bottle! My husband's entree was the venison with sweet potato puree, barley risotto-style, and roasted brussels sprouts. The venison was tender enough to cut with his fork. My entree was the seared rib-eye with beautiful fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, & a caramelized onion gelee-style. It was scrumptuous. I was not personally a fan of the way the onions were presented. They were pureed then solidified to look almost like cheese on top of my steak. They had fantastic flavor, but I was not particularly fond of the texture. That being said, it did not hamper my dish at all. It was still perfectly delicious. For dessert, we shared a frozen treat made with strawberry ice cream surrounded by sponge cake and sliced with macerated strawberries in between layers. It was SO good! At the end of the meal, the waiter (I think his name might have been Frank??) brought us out an extra little bit of heavenly almond flavored cake with raspberry cream in between the layers. He said since it was our anniversary and we finished our dessert, he thought we deserved an extra bite! It was a wonderful experience & I'd highly recommend this place!

1  Thank courtney07

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not sure which is better...the food, the staff or the romantic setting. OK, the food. But it's a tough choice. What a meal, a real night to remember.

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ate breakfast and dinner here. Hospitality and food cannot be beat. We were celebrating our anniversary and they made us feel special--rose petals on the table; all of the wait staff wishing us "Happy Anniversary". Really impressive.

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food overall was excellent. I felt the server wasn't as knowledgable about the menu as we would have liked for such a restaurant and he was very matter if fact. Not the warm and friendly kind. The wine "navigator" seemed very unfriendly once you announced you weren't going to be needing his navigation skills.
The food however was excellent and cooked and presented to perfection. The ambience delightful and the timing for the service perfect. Just a little friendlier service and I would give it a full 5 stars.

1  Thank Mamiharas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Madison's has an organic garden and grows many of their own fresh vegetables served in the restaurant. The fresh ingredients and excellent chef make the dining experience at Madison's remarkable.

1  Thank BBLammers