“Always wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Charlotte
“Always wonderful!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

It's always such a pleasure to walk into Old Edwards. They do everything so well. Decor, service, food, spa, every detail down to the frette linens and the molton & brown products. A favorite retreat!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We really appreciate your posting on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2014

For my birthday this month, my husband had planned a 3 day get away for me and my best friend! From the moment we checked in, it could not have been more perfect! We were immediately greeted at the door with complimentary glasses of champagne, given a tour of the property with ALL of it's tremendous amenities, then had our belongings waiting for us when we arrived to our suite. What a suite it was! Fireplace was lit, heated bathroom floors were nice and cozy for our feet, a bottle of champagne that had been prepared and waiting for us in the room, and our own private access to the resort pool outside our door! The poolside cabana was wonderful and the service was EXCEPTIONAL! Jonathan always made sure we were well taken care of while at the pool. Then our spa treatments were fabulous! Amanda was my masseuse, and I honestly never wanted to leave! I was so relaxed, I had no problem telling people how old I was! Our dinner at Madyson's was wonderful, and once again, the service and food was exceptional. They even had me the best birthday dessert! Needless to say, we have already planned her birthday weekend and next years trip already! Thank you Old Edwards and my husband for giving me a birthday getaway I will NEVER forget!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda S, Marketing Director at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Reading your review made me want to stop what I was doing and go experience all that! It sounds like you got a full sampling of all the wonderful things at Old Edwards, and how great of your husband to give you a getaway with a friend! We're so glad that it was with Old Edwards. It sounds like you're starting a birthday tradition with us, so we look forward to celebrating your next one. Happy birthday to you!
Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My fiancé and I had the pleasure of staying at OEI during the Easter weekend! From the moment we arrived at the inn until the time we checked out we were in heaven! The staff is so friendly and welcomed us as if they had known us for years!

Our room was simply gorgeous with every extra luxury you could ever want. We had heated towel racks, heated floors, 8 shower heads, a separate living room with a beautiful fireplace and a private balcony! The decor was carefully selected and you could feel that each piece if furniture probably had an amazing story behind it!

We thoroughly enjoyed a couples massage at the spa and ended up meeting a beautiful couple that we ended up spending the evening with over dinner and drinks! When we informed the staff that we were adding to our existing reservation, they didn't bat an eye and was actually thanked with a cocktail on the house for bringing our new friends!

We enjoyed Madison's for both dinner and Easter brunch and was not disappointed with anything! The reviews for this restaurant speak for itself and is with every penny and any amount of waiting to get A table though I strongly recommend making a reservation to avoid any wait.

One of the coolest things I enjoyed that I thought was simple yet appreciative was the constant availability if getting a bottle of water, or an ice cream (dove bars! YUM!) or a piece of fruit from any of the guest services desk located at OEI. It was very cool to see the staff offer a young guest an ice cream and get the approval for their parents....and the Easter celebration for the kids was yet another special detail OEI added.....even though we do. It have little ones, we still enjoyed watching the festivities!

We look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask the staff about the best rooms for your needs! We asked for a room away from kids with some priv...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We love reviews that "tell a story" about life at Old Edwards. And you've done just that. What fun reading about your experience here, and how you just rolled with it and met new friends. And thank you for your comments about our staff. We have amazing people that really do care about our guests, and we love it when people notice that. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have stayed at many other high end resorts, and for some reason, they always come up a bit short (see other reviews). I am delighted to finally be able to give an unqualified two thumbs up for a visit, in this case the Old Edwards Inn. You have the sense the whole time that the management and staff "gets it". From the champagne welcome, to the friendly hellos from all the staff, to the top notch rooms, facilities and restaurants, all the way to the departure bag. If I am paying the premium to stay in a high end resort, I expect pretty near perfection, and OEI was pretty darn close. We stayed in one of the Falls Cottage rooms (5615, Rainbow Cottage), and these cottages are apparently relatively new. It was very well designed and thought out, with high quality finishes, lighting and furnishings everywhere. Our cottage was standalone, in the back of the resort, but it is very quick to access any area of the resort (as well as Mountain Grocer, one of the best takes in Highlands). It was nearby a side street, so on a busy weekend, others might choose a different cottage, but this one was very private with easy access to our car as well as the pool. I would definitely recommend pretty much any of the Falls Cottages to other room types; although I did not see any of the other rooms (Lodge cottages or rooms in the Old Inn for instance), my impression was I am much happier in the newer Falls Cottages. The only possible nit I might have is that I was surprised the bathtub in the room was not a larger spa-style bath, but that was minor compared to the overall feel of the room. Furthermore, the pool and very nice hot tub were 20 seconds away. We also had a magnificent dinner at Madison's, and the breakfast we had at Mountain Grocer (try the French Toast) was great. Wednesday night live music at Ugly Dog Pub was also steps away. . .

Room Tip: Falls Cottages are great - well designed, mountain rustic elegance
1 Thank R L
Thank you. That is a quite an impressive review coming from someone well-traveled and experienced in high-end resorts. We so appreciate that you noticed all the touches our staff undertakes to make your stay amazing. The Falls Cottages are definitely shaping up to be one of our most popular options! On your next stay, be sure to mention the spa bathtub, because many of the Falls Cottages do include those. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our 3 daughters treated us to a week end at the Old Edwards Inn for our Anniversary. From the moment we arrived with our complimentary glass of champagne, we were shown around and then shown to our room by super friendly Jean Paul. The room was beautifully decorated with everything you could ask for, they had even decorated our bed with rose petals, and there is a wonderful aroma in the room from the Oak Leaf diffusers which our loooovely !! The only one negative I would say in the room was the fact that they used paper coffee cups with the Keurig, so much better if china cups were provided.
We spent a relaxing time by the pool which has lovely soft comfy loungers and serve drinks and lunch, the staff are super attentive, especially Jonathan who is a real asset to the staff, such a helpful and attentive person.
We had great facials and pleased with once more helpful staff,
I really can't say enough good comments about the Old Edwards, from the helpful staff to one of the best breakfasts.....amazing biscuits !!! We will return :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review, and especially for remembering our staff by name. We love sharing those comments. You paint such a beautiful picture of life at Old Edwards, with your comments about the pool and loungers and delicious breakfast. And it's so interesting how something like a wonderful room scent can make a memory. Yes, Oakleaf does a great job in that area! We use all your feedback to continue enhancing the guest experience at Old Edwards, so thank you for suggestions. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I decided to surprise my husband on his 75th birthday with a stay at the Old Edwards Inn and Spa. We had never stayed at the Inn, and could not have been more pleased with the lodging, the dining, and of course the views. I could go on and on about the amenities, nothing was missing.

The Old Edwards is a vacation stay not to be missed. Upon entering we were made to feel like royalty and our suite in the Lodge had exceptional views, with 2 balconys and 2 full baths.....we now feel we should add this feature to our home bedroom!

A MUST is dining at Madison's - oh my, the food was exceptional. My husband has been involved with the dining business, and when he is impressed, it is without a doubt, exceptional!

I must also add that before dinner cocktails in the Hummingbird Bar, was also special experience. It was as if we had stepped back in time, to a beautiful era. The atmosphere was as if we were back in the early 1900's - just beautiful and relaxing. Also, I can't finish this review without mentioning the lovely pool areas and the Spa, wonderful experiences.

Thank you Old Edwards Inn and Spa for giving us unforgettable memories for any occasion.

Room Tip: We loved Room 10 in the original Inn. The newer cottages all looked beatiful. We wanted to be in t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your thorough and great review! We are so honored to have participated in such a special occasion... and to make it a memorable one for you. And what an apt description of Hummingbird Lounge. We look forward to your next visit!
Lake Wylie
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very nice place great amenities great restaurant and SPA played golf old edwards golf course beautiful, challenging and majestic. Highlands is a neat town with some unique shopping and dining experiences.

Room Tip: choose the lodge
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We're happy that you enjoyed downtown Highlands, as well as our spa and golf course. We hope to host you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Highlands Inn Lodge
Highlands Inn Lodge
#5 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!