Old Edwards Inn and Spa
200 Main(Highlands)
Laurelwood Inn(Cashiers)
  • Restaurant
1,296 results
All reviewsfalls cottagesold edwardshummingbird loungewine gardenglass of champagnerose petalsfitness centertop notchheated floorsbutler's pantrymy husband and iturn down servicesteam roomscreened porchbottled waterold world charmattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

While our kids were at summer camp, my wife and I decided to take a little time away for ourselves. The drive itself was worth the price of admission. Highlands NC is a charming little town that happens to have a number of 5 star restaurants. The Old Edwards is a beautiful old building that has been restored beautifully. The rooms are large with nice bathrooms (the heated floors thrilled my wife). The pool area is one of the most beautiful, serene settings I have ever seen. Service was outstanding and almost over the top (the concierge and desk attendant stand whenever a guest enters the lobby). The spa was first-rate. The restaurant was incredible with very knowledgeable staff and a fantastic wine list. And the town itself was charming with interesting shopping. If you like golf, you have to play the Old Edwards Club - some of the most impressive mountain scenery I have seen while golfing, and that includes playing in Banff Springs Canada.

This is definitely a couples vacation. There were a few kids, but my wife and I are keeping this location to ourselves. No point ruining the peace and tranquility with our kids!

Room Tip: Book early to have any hope of a choice in rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WKRussell
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Old Edwards in is a MUST. It is such a romantic and relaxing getaway. We have visted the lodge three times and loved each visit. The fire place in our room was my favorite part and the adjustable heated floors was just the cherry on top! If I was to get married all over again I would have my wedding there so all of my friends and family could have the chance to experiance all the joys of the Old Edward Inn. Bravo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dixie D
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The WOW: We had a suite in the main inn. Walked in to room & was impressed by the size & comfort. The separate living room was also spacious with lots of seating. The promised mini fridge wasn't in the room but was promptly delivered. The bathroom was large with separate bath, shower, 2 sinks & heated tile floors. Dove Bars & cold water were available self- serve whenever you wanted along with coffee in the morning. The gym has great equipment & classes.
The disappointing: TV's in both rooms too small for the size of the rooms. 4 windows in room, 2 opened up to a concrete wall so living room had to be artificially lit at all times. Sleep near impossible - heard every step the room above us took; heard every door that closed. Couldn't get the A/C to cool down.
The manager in charge addressed the issues to our satisfaction. We will return again but stay in the new building.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the main inn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Yvonne B
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were first put in the old hotel and requested a larger room with two beds. They quickly found a room for us in the new building. The suite was huge. The bathroom was the largest I have ever stayed in with a door opening to a private courtyard overlooking the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LJDobbs
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our only lament is that we could only stay one night -- but we'll be back!! Accommodations were in the newly renovated Lodge Cottages. They were beautifully done with fantastic furnishings and decor. Staff was great! They were helpful throughout our stay and really made our stay enjoyable. We both had spa treatments and left feeling relaxed and pampered. We'll be back so that we can enjoy the OEI a LOT more!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated Lodge Cottages are really nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple