“Still Wonderful - Still Unique - Still Perfection”

and 1 more site!
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just had our third visit to this wonderful property in about two years time. It is just a magnificent, comfortable, very friendly experience. Again, as I've said in previous reviews, the drive up the mountain is scary fun. And then you emerge into a beautiful, charming mountain town with shoppes, restaurants and inns - the absolute best of which is the OEI. There TRULY is no comparison. The staff is so friendly and kind. We joked with one manager that they almost don't have the word "NO" in their vocabulary. All the public spaces are beyond compare. My only caveat is that I'm not as crazy about the Cottages at the Lodge. They're comfortable enough, but find them dark and really in need (to me) of some updating decor-wise. They still have all the bells and whistles such as heated floors in the baths, big marble whirlpool tubs and the like. But the carpets and the furniture really need updating. They were the best choice for us space-wise as we were multi-generational and needed two bedrooms/ two bathrooms and living room, porch etc. The size was fine - just the decor was a bit tired. I recommend the Lee King rooms or, if you want to spend a lot more money the Whiteside or BlueValley. Those are accommodations you will NEVER forget. But, again the common spaces are beyond compare. The Lodge (with some updates recently) is SO beautiful. So nice to sit with a glass of Champagne and maybe visit with another guest. Or just sit quietly and gaze into the pretty fire. I was able to take a walk around the new Falls Cottages with a staff member and these really are going to be FABULOUS. This is where I want to stay hopefully next time. Regarding the Spa: Do NOT miss this. It is THE MOST ELEGANT environment that you might EVER find yourself in. The decor absolutely drips with elegance and calming beauty. But Guess What? NEVER in a pretentious or stuffy way. Once again, the staff could not be more friendly and accommodating. So to wrap this up: If are are considering going to this very unusually perfect place, stop considering and just GO ! Special Thanks to Karen, Eduardo, Cody, DJ (Spa), James (Madison's), Kimberly (Spa), Grace, Wade and Julie. Thanks to Everyone. P.S. I don't include those individual folks casually - it is those people who make the Old Edwards what it is. OEI might be one of the most beautiful places in the world but without those people it would be nothing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gogirl51
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed for just one night to celebrate our anniversary and by the end of the stay, we wished we could have stayed longer! Everyone was extremely nice & helpful. The inn itself is beautiful & full of old charm (the floors & stairs aren't exactly even, the hallways are narrow, rooms are odd-shaped, etc.); very quaint. As soon as you walk into the main lobby, you are greeted by at least one person. This property really knows the definition of customer service & hospitality. Therese greeted us & immediately wished us a happy anniversary. She showed us around the property & took us right to our spa appointments. The spa was fantastic! It was SO quiet & relaxing. I could have spent days there. Everyone in the spa also knew it was our anniversary & wished us well, too. I had a facial, my first, & it did not disappoint. Denise was very informative & the treatment was fabulous! I will definitely go back for more! The spa also has whirlpools, saunas, & steam rooms for guests to use and the showers had more sprayers than I could count. It was like a massage in the shower! My husband had his very first massage & he raved about it. After our spa appointments, we checked in & were shown to our room, which was absolutely stunning. The small balcony provided a view of the wine garden below & Main Street in Highlands. We went to dinner at the Inn's restaurant, Madison's, and it was divine! After dinner, we returned to our room to find a turn-down service had left us champagne, glasses, a hand-written note wishing us a happy anniversary, rose petals on our bed, and individually wrapped cookies on our pillows. We slept great & would like to thank the staff for such a hospitable stay! You all helped make our anniversary very special!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank courtney07
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is my fourth year staying at the Old Edwards Inn and it never disappoints. From the friendly staff, beautiful amenities, and the delicious meals that come out of the kitchen in their restaurant, they manage to make you feel special the moment you walk through their door. It is no wonder they are a highly rated and regarded hotel and spa. I am so happy they are such an easy trek from Atlanta, Ga. If you like being pampered, you enjoy the mountain air and are looking for a combination of outdoor activities and relaxation you must visit this amazing place. I would recommend it for couples, families and a friends trip as well.

Room Tip: I have stayed in four different types of rooms there. I can't say I like one more than another...
1  Thank stanpamk
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Today I went to Old Edwards Inn and Spa for a facial. I love massages and have never been a fan of facials but as I age decided that my skin and face needed a little attention. Denise was my esthetician and she definitely changed my mind and I may now be a fan of facials and skip on the massages. I would highly recommend a trip to the Spa and be sure to ask for Denise.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just spent one of the most memorable weekends of all time at Old Edwards Inn. We went with another couple and we all experienced excellence on every level. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with multiple warm welcomes, followed by a glass of champagne and a tour of the lobby and surrounding areas. Immediately you can tell that the owner really understands the importance of the overall guest experience, and that even the smallest details can make a huge difference.

The food and the service in the restaurant was impeccable. The fitness center staff was remarkably helpful. Our lunch at the golf club was unbelievably special due to the personalized service we received from our wait person, Daniel. We also enjoyed our visit with the golf pro, Jordan. Our spa treatments were the best of any resort we've ever visited, including international five-star properties. Not one person, not one time throughout the entire weekend missed a beat. Literally, it was perfect.

This is just one of those rare places where you know you won't have to ask for a thing. They've already thought of it. If it turns out you do have to ask for something, you can rest assured it will be handled without having to ask again. (Such was the case when I left behind a bag at the spa and asked them to give it to my husband when he checked out. Done.)

Great service, incredible attitudes, remarkable surroundings, inspired cuisine—it all start at the top. The entire staff was so happy, so helpful and just plain fun to be around. Bravo to everyone, but especially to the GM and the Inn's training procedures.

Thank you for the memories. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The remarkable new Hutchinson House is a great place for families and wedding parties and receptions...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have stayed at Old Edwards a number of times, and the atmosphere and hospitality cannot be beat anywhere. Very high standards, wonderful pool, and great restaurant onsite (Madison's). We have stayed there for birthday and anniversary celebrations and the staff always makes us feel special. We love the heated floors in the bathrooms! We have not used the spa, but plan to do so on a return trip.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Old Edwards Inn has exceptionally high standards and our stay completely exceeded expectations. The Lee King suite was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable from the luxurious bed linens to the remote controlled fireplace. The bathroom was well equipped with ample towels and toiletries. We purchased a culinary package that included three meals at Madison's Restaurant. The dining experiences here are not to be missed. The food was exceptional! We thoroughly enjoyed our package and look forward to a return visit soon!

1  Thank BBLammers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!