“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!”

Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was one of the most amazing hotels we have ever stayed in. Since we stepped in we were lift off our feet with the terrific service, details and beauty of this town and specially this hotel! Eduardo is a great guy and helped us so much to have the greatest time in Highlands. The room was exquisite and the pool, Jacuzzi and sauna were just what we needed!! The restaurant of the hotel had great food and we were extremely pampered by everyone. The free snacks (fruit, soda and dove bars) hit the spot every time. We will definitely never forget our two night stay here...PLEASE STAY AT OLD EDWARDS INN AND SPA!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarinaGarner

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The complete package. Beautiful hotel, great beds, incredible gardens, amazing spa. Their success is in the details and there are lots of fine details to enjoy. Best staff of any hotel property period. The management has everyone on the same page for excellence, guest service and hospitality. They outshine Four Seasons and Ritz by far but also other boutique hotels around the country as well. My wife and I were thoroughly impressed at every level. Job well done.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lodge. I am sure the rooms in the Inn are great. We liked the privacy feel of the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank agpklp
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel is very disjointed in its layout. Many stairs to climb or elevators to take. Pool is across the street as are some of the rooms. Our room was very spacious and very tastefully decorated. Large room, great bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Airconditioning not really up to the task, but if 72+ in the room is fine for you it is great. Spa is very nice and staff does know what they are doing. Hotel is very central to town. Hotel service staff is excellent and responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for the Spa Rooms, they are the best rooms in the Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We attended a wedding at the farm at OEI. It was phenominal! All of the staff was super friendly and helpful at all times. This was our first trip here, and definitely won't be the last. If you are thinkng of having a wedding here, it is a perfect spot. Taylor is a great wedding planner.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottages on the grounds. They were very quiet and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bethf7
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Absolutely gorgeous setting. Greeted with champagne at the front desk. Staff were excellent and the accomodations perfect. Ate at Madison's and the food was superb. Had some drinks in the hummingbird lounge while listening to the piano player they had as entertainment and it was very enjoyable. We stayed in the lodge and it as very quiet and private.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This place is brilliant! Great staff (shout-outs to Brian and Jack), fantastic location (golf/hiking/great restaurants very close by), an awsome spa/pool (Ritz Carlton+ quality) and excellent accommodations.
My wife and I have stayed here multiple times (winter and summer) and a great place keeps getting better!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 3, 2011

With our two children at overnight camp 45 minutes down the road, this was the perfect opportunity for my husband and I to get away for "grown up camp" for a few nights and celebrate our 14 year anniversary. A friend recommended the Old Edwards Inn and it could not have been better! From the moment we checked in (complimentary champaign and a tour of the property) to the moment we checked out (a travel bag filled with water bottles and fresh fruit for our car ride) we were treated like the most important guests. The property was so beautiful! Old world style and charm with modern luxury and service. The staff was outstanding, constantly asking what else we needed and if they could help in any way. Our room was beautiful with our own private balcony (complete with table and chairs and a flower box bursting with colorful flowers) and a heated tile bathroom floor -- nice! The bed was also so comfy! Great sheets and pillows.

The rooftop terrace was lovely as were the other places to eat and drink. Although we did not eat dinner at Madison's, the breakfast was wonderful. We also enjoyed coffee and incredible desserts in the hummingbird lounge one evening.

One day we played the Old Edwards Club golf course and it was spectacular! The view from the 10th tee is worth the (reasonable) price of admission of $125, including cart. It was a fairly difficult course but absolutely beautiful and so well maintained. Again, we were treated like the most important people there. Our lunch after our round was delicious and also had a great view from the outside porch. What a great day!

We had no complaints for our entire three night stay, however, I must say I was less than impressed with the spa. It seemed overpriced for what was offered and the facilites were nice but not outstanding. The service was average and the Rejuvenation treatment I got was OK but nothing great. (It was a self-application body treatment using a steam shower) I probably could have bought the scrubs and lotions used in my treatment in the spa shop and taken them back to my own shower for less than the treatment cost. There were a few people in the meditation/quiet room who were talking fairly loudly and I had to ask a staff member to say something. My husband did enjoy his massage and said the woman really knew what she was doing.

The fitness center was great and offered a good selection of classes. I took a yoga class and my husband and I both took a resistance bands class that were very enjoyable. We also liked the pool, however, the one afternoon there were no lounge chairs available because it was full. No big deal because we weren't staying long anyway. Service at the pool was outstanding.

As I said earlier, this was summer camp for my husband and I. We were glad our kids were not with us as this to me is not a kid-friendly place. Although there were a few families there, they were in the minority. I highly suggest leaving the kids at home or at camp if you plan to come here. There are no kiddie pools, game rooms or chicken fingers and I hope it stays that way! When we picked up our kids from camp they said they wanted to go back again next summer. We were thrilled because that means we will definitely be coming back to the Old Edwards Inn again for our "summer camp"!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the inn and a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hricikp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Old Edwards Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!