“Excellent Italian Fare in North Carolina !”
Review of Rustico at the Log Cabin - CLOSED

Rustico at the Log Cabin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was out first trip into Rustico's. for any of us. There were 4 in our party.
We dined the evening of July 4th, 2013 and I made our reservations by driving to the restaurant early afternoon that same day. At that time I met the owner, Henri (Heinrich), who also has another Italian restaurant in Palm Beach, Fla.. He was able to work us in for that evening and were we forever grateful.
The service was a little slow due to the large packed crowd dining that night. However, they kept us with plenty of wine, bread, olive oil dip, and a salsa/relish for the homemade bread that was to die for. The menu was very varied and we had a lot of choices of dishes. They had just run out of veal and had my mouth set on one of those dishes. Guess will have to just wait until next trip.
Highly recommend you visit the next time you are in Highlands area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time dining at Rustico and we were pleasantly surprised. There were 6 in our party and we were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation. Even though they were packed on this Friday night after the 4th we had a very attentive waiter. 5 of us ordered martinis and they were made perfectly. I was the only one that got the arugula salad and i did not like it. It should have been renamed an olive salad because that was the predominant taste plus it had a sparsity of the dressing that was supposed to be on it. My wife loved the pear salad that she had. Five of us loved our entrees. My seafood risotto was very good. We had one order the snapper special which they had just run out of then they also did not have the scallops & risotto. But he enjoyed his final selection. The sole member that did not like her entree had ordered cannelloni. It was overcooked which made it tough. I don't believe that she will return. I told her to send it back, but due to such a large crowd I think she thought we would have to wait too long. I definitely will return but not on a holiday weekend when Highlands is crowded.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Highlands! I wouldn't go to Highlands without making a stop here. The food and service is amazing. All the employees are friendly and efficient. The food is superior to any Italian restaurant in Highlands, as is the friendly service. I couldn't wait for them to reopen this summer as my experience last year was just as good. Try it and you will be glad you did.

1  Thank BrenK629
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I ate there tonight for dinner and the food was outstanding! I had the cranberry-barbecue ribs and they were out of this world. The sauce was what made them so good. The chef came up with sauce and it was superb. My wife had the Old School rigotini with veal and she loved it as we'll. our waiter, John, was superb and very helpful. The garden salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, and vinaigrette sauce was fantastic. I believe this is a must try for anyone wanting an outstanding meal. We will be back

1  Thank rltga
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Last year they were the talk of Highlands where many good restaurants abound. 2013 is now their second season. Their winter restaurant is on Worth Avenue in Palm Beach so you imagine the quality of the food. We went many times last year and again this season. The atmosphere is very relaxing and quiet which is unusual for Highlands. We enjoyed veal, fish, and steak and all were excellent. Of course we had wine and the service was perfect. We will return many times this season. Enjoy this new addition.