“I've Had Much Better”
Review of Flip Side - CLOSED

Flip Side
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went there craving burgers as we had heard good things about this restaurant. Sadly, it was a disappointment for me. First, there was one large family of eight and one other table besides us, yet we waited over a half hour for our burgers to come out. If that wasn't enough, I asked the waitress if they cooked burgers to order and she assured us they did. That being the case, I asked for medium rare, emphasizing that I wanted to see some pink. Unfortunately, that was not the case as it was closer to medium well than medium rare. I have a problem with restaurants that say they will cook it to order and then fail to even come close. Had we not been constrained by time, I would have sent it back. Maybe we caught them on a bad day, but I would never go back to find out.

1  Thank ESDPurple

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a burger after morning of hiking with our poodles. In spite of the recent bad reviews we stopped anyway because we could sit on the porch and have lunch with our poodles. It was amazingly good. The burgers were cooked to perfection and the fries were homemade and some had a little crisp to it which was great. The burgers were thick on a homemade bun. For all of you who gave a bad review, give them another chance. Reasonably priced, good service. Only negative: they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took some friends from FL over to Highlands for the day and were excited about going to Flip Side for lunch. My husband and I were in town a couple of months ago and had the best burgers we had ever eaten. Plus we had a great time talking with the manager and wait staff. I was concerned when we showed up that there was nobody else there on a Saturday afternoon... the rest of town was packed. Then there was a sign on the door saying that it was cash or check only, no credit cards. That's usually a sign of new ownership or cost cutting. The manager we had met was no longer there and all of the wait staff was different. The burgers we ordered were small, greasy and the buns were stale. The onion rings were under cooked and had way too much black pepper in the batter. No one liked their food and we were extremely disappointed, especially after we had raved about the place to our friends. We go to Highlands several times a year, but we won't be back to Flip Side again.

1  Thank Linda419
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'd skip this place. There are better burgers at Cafe 460 in the pharmacy or at Mountain Fresh Grocery in the deli.

1  Thank EarthGirl51
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very good staff that make fantastic burgers. I have heard that their breakfasts are also delicious. Nothing fancy but when you crave a burger this is the place.